Elijah Simmons Redshirt

VolnJC

I went through all the participation reports and found that Simmons has played in 2 games, UTC and UK. So could he technically play vs Missouri and Vandy and still redshirt? Also do bowl games count or not in regards to the 4 games?

I went through all the participation reports and found that Simmons has played in 2 games, UTC and UK. So could he technically play vs Missouri and Vandy and still redshirt? Also do bowl games count or not in regards to the 4 games?
Yes
They count

Reactions: VolnJC
That he was in on that goal line stand at the UK game speaks volumes about how the staff has confidence he is a baller. Maybe his conditioning was not what it needed to be but we're at season's end, he's basically no longer a freshman. I trust the staff to put him in the next couple of games whether bowl or not.

That he was in on that goal line stand at the UK game speaks volumes about how the staff has confidence he is a baller. Maybe his conditioning was not what it needed to be but we're at season's end, he's basically no longer a freshman. I trust the staff to put him in the next couple of games whether bowl or not.
Coach mentioned that conditioning was a reason but that he was always in their goal line defense rotation. Guess UK was the 1st time we have needed it.. I'm gonna go back and see if I pick him out on the game film

play him when needed only.

Reactions: BucksnortVol

He is the 1 deep DT for goal line stands. So he will play there against Mizzou if needed. Did anyone notice him on that last stand for KY?

I'd hope we can beat the commode doors without him.

I'd see how things are going against misery and use him there if we need him to help get the WIN.

If we can get the WIN against misery without him then I'd save him for the commode doors so he can play more in front of his family and friends and use him in the Bowl game.

I expect big things from that big man.

VFL...GBO!!!

There is nothing technical about it. That is exactly what they are doing. I like the plan. Hold out players until last four games when you need fresh legs.

Anyone have an up-to-date list of scholarship players under that 5 game threshold?
It's 4 games (typo, I know), but the number in parentheses is games played this season.

(3) S Tyus Fields, No. 226 overall prospect, No. 26 cornerback
(2) OL Jackson Lampley, No. 232 overall prospect, No. 14 offensive guard
(2) DT Elijah Simmons, No. 613 overall prospect, No. 47 defensive tackle
(1) TE Sean Brown, No. 809 overall prospect, No. 40 tight end
(2) OL Chris Akporoghene, No. 867 overall prospect, No. 69 offensive tackle
(0) TE Jackson Lowe, No. 341 overall prospect, No. 12 tight end

From Tennessee freshman report: Kentucky game - 247sports.com

It's 4 games (typo, I know), but the number in parentheses is games played this season.

From Tennessee freshman report: Kentucky game - 247sports.com

Hey, thanks alot man! I meant less than 5 games (as in they're allowed 4. Right?)....I appreciate the list bc I was especially interested in Aaron Beasley, Kenny Solomon, Roman Harrison, Tyus Fields....I've saw a few of those kids sparingly this season, especially on special teams, but wasn't sure which were penciled in to RS......Having the luxury to RS good players is one of the characteristics of an elite college football team...Thanks again

Reactions: keenobserver
I guess this a freshman list. Is it possible that sophomores and juniors can redshirt if they do not play over 4 games and have not redshirted before. If yes, do we have a list for those players?

Yes....Brandon Johnson was our leading receiver two years ago....is a senior this season and taking a redshirt year......someone needs to compile a comprehensive list for the junkies....I lack the energy

VN Store

Back