Shout out to the OL

...they continue to improve.

Our running game wasn't all it could have been, but JG did well because he had reasonable protection and time to throw.

The OL continues to make progress. Well done.

Yes............rah, O-line!

Finally finally finally, we have five up there who are making us proud!

Go Brandon, Trey, Wanya, Jerome, & Darnell!

Plus, the backups have been able to jump in there as needed.

It has been sweeeeeeeeeettt!!!

Yes............rah, O-line!

Finally finally finally, we have five up there who are making us proud!

Go Brandon, Trey, Wanya, Jerome, & Darnell!

Plus, the backups have been able to jump in there as needed.

It has been sweeeeeeeeeettt!!!
Who is the weakest link?

It is great to see their improvement! Bye week has came at a great time for us to get healthy. Really all year though, we’ve had a lot of killer penalties on the OL that’s hurt us many times. And I love big Trey but some of his bonehead personal fouls ...

GBO!!!

Reactions: tennrich1
It is great to see their improvement! Bye week has came at a great time for us to get healthy. Really all year though, we’ve had a lot of killer penalties on the OL that’s hurt us many times. And I love big Trey but some of his bonehead personal fouls ...

GBO!!!
I'm sure Trey would be the first to admit that "coming off the top ropes" late hit penalty he got was boneheaded. It absolutely killed us on that drive when we had some momentum going too. But he can get by with a couple of those as long as he keeps pancaking. I agree too with the above comment about run blocking. The throw game blocking is really getting cohesive but the run game not so much. And as physical as we are up front you'd think we would be.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'm sure Trey would be the first to admit that "coming off the top ropes" late hit penalty he got was boneheaded. It absolutely killed us on that drive when we had some momentum going too. But he can get by with a couple of those as long as he keeps pancaking. I agree too with the above comment about run blocking. The throw game blocking is really getting cohesive but the run game not so much. And as physical as we are up front you'd think we would be.
Yeah man, he’s the only one that gets the pass because he pancakes and manhandles dudes all night long!

Reactions: tennrich1
We need better runningbacks or figure out how to rotate the ones we have right. No rhythm to it. Tim Jordan ran hard in the Bama game and has now disappeared. Since then Chandler has got the bulk of the carries and it hasn't went well so far. Need to go with the hot back just like they're doing with the QB's.

How’s the depth and recruiting looking on the OL?
mauler. road grader, and what has been described as "the one man double team".

and thats not an exaggeration. we are bringing in some BIG dudes. low ranked, but meaner than a junk yard dog.

OT is non existent because of the two freshman playing, but we are still on the hunt for one.

GBO!!!
I’ll agree that he’s had a few bad fouls, but, it shows he got “ a fire in his eyes”. A mean streak some will say. A good lineman has got to have that.

No need to celebrate yet. To say they spent limited time on the field in the Kentucky Game is an Understatement! Run-blocking still is weak and they are just one week away from looking manhandled by UAB.

By far the O-Line continues to be the weakest link on this Team.

They have the pass blocking figured out. Now spend the next 2 weeks working on run blocking. We’re not a complete team until we can do both. I like how far we’ve come. Keep grinding boys.

Probably going to take longer than 2 weeks but that’s okay. Can’t wait to see how Morris. Wright, Carvin, and Calbert look with a couple more years of S&C. Should be a dominant OL by the time Gray is a Junior and hopefully by then we’ll have signed an elite every down back.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Trey Smith is fun to watch... He's a mean dude. My all time favorite Vol Ol......

VN Store

Back