Hypothetical

Beat GA St. and miss a bowl... OR, Losing to GA St. and making a bowl?

• Total voters

VolforFootball

I like pizza
Would you have preferred to beat Georgia St., erasing that stain on our history but going 5-7 and not making a bowl.

OR

Would you have preferring losing to Georgia St. (& BYU) and likely making a bowl, which is the situation we're in now.

If we beat Ga. St. we would be going bowling.
That's not the point. I asked a similar question last week.

At the beginning of season I had us at 7-5, but my prediction had us at 3-5 in the SEC, because we won GaSt and BYU and lost to SC and Mizz.

Now it looks like me may go 7-5 but if we do, it will be 5-3 in the SEC.

Which scenario you like better?

At the beginning of season I had us at 7-5, but my prediction had us at 3-5 in the SEC, because we won GaSt and BYU and lost to SC and Mizz.

Depends, which avatar asked that question...

I say the second, because it means the team got progressively better, has more momentum going into a bowl game/next season, and beat Will Muschamp

Georgia St was as much on the coaching staff as it was the players. Should never happen again, if it does, someone should be fired immediately. That was piss poor everything and had everyone wondering if this team would set a all time high for losses. They looked better in the BYU game but made bonehead mistakes that cost them that one. The recovery has been nice but Sept. was a disaster.

GA State is going bowling--they're not the same 2-10 team from last year everybody on here was lamenting about. They could of shocked a lot of teams in the 1st game of the season. Also, don't forget, we were missing good talent/leaders at each level of our defense (Gooden, DB, BT). TN is a greatly improved defensive team from the beginning of the season and losing to GA State doesn't bother me as much now. I'd love to play them again in a bowl game.

Reactions: OG.V83 and Tarkus
One thing people have missed is that GA St is not a bad team.

Should we have lost to them? No. But people very much overreacted saying it was our worst loss in program history.

They are competing with App St for a championship.

So yes, I would much rather lose to them and make a bowl then win and be 5-7 again.

If we miss a bowl noone will remember how we play good for most of the season. Just that we started with two bad losses and finished with a bad loss (Vandy).

VN Store

Back