"I'm not buying Jeremy Pruitt even though they're on a nice little run."

bpalmer28

That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?

That's what Bo Bounds said this morning on his sports talk show in Jackson, MS. He's been anti-Pruitt for a while now, which isn't surprising because he regularly turns his nose up at guys who are less sophisticated than himself. It's also worth noting that he thinks Phillip Fulmer is incompetent.

I don't really care what he thinks, but it made me wonder what's it going to take for national media to recognize what most of us recognize? That Jeremy Pruitt has turned the corner and has the program headed toward the top-tier of the SEC.

Will winning out be enough or does he have to beat Florida and Georgia before the rest of the country take notice?

Georgia, Florida, and Bama is the standard.

I agree with him at this point. We are still 5-5 and lost to Ga St. and BYU. I hope these last few games are a sign we are trending in the right direction but I am still not anywhere close to naming him our savior. We have not played a complete football game versus a good team and won. I am still nervous about losing to a mediocre Mizzouri team and a bad Vandy team. Win the next 3 games and land a nice class and I might consider changing my mind. This season is far from over and UT always finds a way to let me down.

I do not care about Bo whoever or the national media. Just convince me by winning the SECE a couple times.

I'm not sure someone named Bo Bounds qualifies as "national media".
He doesn't. I just mean media outside Knoxville. Just a guess, but I think recruiting will get better once people start recognizing him as a good coach. Just wondering what people think it'll take to change the perception.

Reactions: OG.V83
pretty sure a guy's opinion on a morning sports talk show in Jackson, Miss means zero to TN fans or really anyone else except maybe his fans in Miss. Between Ole Miss and M. State he should have plenty of other things to take cheap shots at.

Agree, it's like fans of another school complaining about a John Adams take. Some people just don't matter in the grand scheme of things.....

Reactions: GlennTenn
Win out this year and get some wins over the big three next year and everyone will get on board.

Beating the lesser teams in the SEC only proves he can beat the lesser teams in the SEC. That’s something that should have been happening all along. Even in our down years.

Reactions: 08Vol and bpalmer28
I'm really surprised by the number of people in this thread so far who can't seem to comprehend my post.

We comprehend your post - we just wanna Bi-ch about someone outsider nobody ragging on our team...

To answer your question, UT has to do something nationally relevant to be nationally relevant. Beating USC, UAB, UK, Chatt, and MSU isn't nationally relevant....

We comprehend your post - we just wanna Bi-ch about someone outsider nobody ragging on our team...

To answer your question, UT has to do something nationally relevant to be nationally relevant. Beating USC, UAB, UK, Chatt, and MSU isn't nationally relevant....

Fair enough. Hopefully we’ll get a good bowl opponent and enter the off-season with some buzz but we’ll probably have to beat a good SEC opponent before he gets respect.

I'm not sold on Pruitt but Bounds is upset MSU got stuck with the worst current coach in the SEC (Moorhead) in lieu of Pruitt.....

Miss State fans like to think that Cohen chose Moorhead over Pruitt. The fact is that Pruitt interviewed at Miss State and was the rumored frontrunner, but as soon as Fulmer called, he put his full and undivided attention into landing the UT job, and Cohen went ahead and hired Moorhead.

Winning the SEC.

The national media doesn't hand out awards for getting into a position where you appear headed to the top of the conference. Until Tennessee does something big on a national stage, we'll continue to be irrelevant to national media.

VN Store

Back