BasketVols break into Top 25...

BigOrangeArsenal

BLEED ORANGE!
It’s pretty nice Tennessee is shooting so well right now, while the young guys are learning their role and growing.

Currently:
Tennessee is shooting over 50%
Tennessee is 6th in the nation in 3% (46%)
Bowden is tied for 10th in the nation in 3%
Pons is 9th in the nation in total %

Turner is 2nd in the nation in assists per

What a way to help all the young players grow.

I hope Pember and James can start to get some rhythm soon because whatever contributions they can give us will be crucial to how good we can be. If they can't give us much, then we'll be a fringe tournament team. If they take some steps forward, then we'll be alright.

Reactions: RollerVol
I hope Pember and James can start to get some rhythm soon because whatever contributions they can give us will be crucial to how good we can be. If they can't give us much, then we'll be a fringe tournament team. If they take some steps forward, then we'll be alright.
I am absolutely positive that Josiah will improve from game to game, with an occasional step back followed by 2 steps forward. He's just so intelligent on and off the floor. So unselfish on the court, almost to a fault. It will take some time, but I have no doubt, by the end of the SEC regular season and Tourney time, people will be saying, "oh, I see why he was a 5 star, now". All this adds up to an almost for sure, 2nd year for JJJ, so he can run and lead this team in '20-'21, with all that young and inexperienced talent.

Love Pember's game, he can help us this year and in the best case scenario, imo, redshirt, next year

Injuries has set both James and Pember back and they’re behind right now. James obviously has improved the most so far especially defensively. I think if both remain healthy they’ll keep improving and you’ll see two different ball players by the time the SEC schedule rolls around. Go Vols!

Injuries has set both James and Pember back and they’re behind right now. James obviously has improved the most so far especially defensively. I think if both remain healthy they’ll keep improving and you’ll see two different ball players by the time the SEC schedule rolls around. Go Vols!
Yeah, I'm not worried about Barnes getting the young guys to come along as the season goes. Right now, I'm most concerned about Barnes mentioning that Turner having issues w/ his shoulder again. Glad to see us ranked, but think 17 is a bit high...at this time, but I'll take it. So hard to tell early in the season. Villanova beats UNC in a scrimmage, and looks good in first game, then pulls a complete no show vs Ohio State. Likewise, I think we'll have some up's and down's moving through the early part of the season as the frosh adapt...but, think we have the talent to be relevant as the season goes along.

Parrish did the rankings. He’s usually a Memphis homer but LOVES CRB and seems to be genuinely impressed at what Rick has done at Tennessee. He’s not my kind of person but I’ll take the attention it brings our program

I don't get why FL is ranked.
The most significant thing they've done so far is lose to FSU. And there's this, "The Gators shot 28.0% in Sunday's loss to Florida State. Kerry Blackshear, a preseason All-American, missed all five of his field-goal attempts."
Props to VCU for knocking off LSU (with many fans in attendance sporting FBI gear and handing out cash - just to take the piss out of Will Wade):
WATCH: VCU basketball fans troll LSU with FBI agent costumes

Last edited:
Tennessee debuts at #17 in CBS's Top 25 & 1 poll after Tuesday night's convincing win against OVC power Murray State! With the rest of the SEC looking shaky so far, maybe we will fair better than expected. If Plavsic gets cleared, who knows...

College Basketball Rankings: Ohio State stomps Villanova and jumps into the top 10 of the updated Top 25 And 1

It's early yet, but how far do you think this team can go?

He has had this poll out for a while. We actually debuted at #19 prior to the season. He also had us ranked at the end of last season for his preseason rankings. He updates it every day. We moved from #19 to #17 after the dismantling of Murray State.

The most significant thing they've done so far is lose to FSU. And there's this, The Gators shot 28.0% in Sunday's loss to Florida State. Kerry Blackshear, a preseason All-American, missed all five of his field-goal attempts.
Props to VCU for knocking off LSU (with many fans in attendance sporting FBI gear and handing out cash to take the piss out of Will Wade):

I don’t think Florida is a bad team - they have some really good players. I do think Mike White is in over his head. It’s still early in his career, but his teams should be playing better.

Parrish did the rankings. He’s usually a Memphis homer but LOVES CRB and seems to be genuinely impressed at what Rick has done at Tennessee. He’s not my kind of person but I’ll take the attention it brings our program

He’s not really a Memphis homer. He talks a lot about Memphis because it’s his market, but I don’t consider him a homer.

Tennessee debuts at #17 in CBS's Top 25 & 1 poll after Tuesday night's convincing win against OVC power Murray State! With the rest of the SEC looking shaky so far, maybe we will fair better than expected. If Plavsic gets cleared, who knows...

College Basketball Rankings: Ohio State stomps Villanova and jumps into the top 10 of the updated Top 25 And 1

It's early yet, but how far do you think this team can go?
And we got the # 4 recruiting class for next year. Dynasty! Cats fans are very worried after that Evansville loss. Is Cal slipping?

so far this season has started in a very crazy way with teams being upset and like the Gators against Towson, last night, barely winning...yep, this season is wide open and I'm really looking forward to the journey...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: Orange Swagger
And we got the # 4 recruiting class for next year. Dynasty! Cats fans are very worried after that Evansville loss. Is Cal slipping?
He's never been a great coach. Great recruiter (by cheating) sure, but not a great coach.

He’s not really a Memphis homer. He talks a lot about Memphis because it’s his market, but I don’t consider him a homer.[/QUOTE
I guess we’ll disagree on that one which is ok. GP’s very immature-ish style ,to my is most unprofessional. And he was overtly a homer when JC was at Memphis without a doubt. But he does respect RB and likes the state of our program so there’s that I guess.

I don’t think Florida is a bad team - they have some really good players. I do think Mike White is in over his head. It’s still early in his career, but his teams should be playing better.
This, exactly. If Mike White can't win with this kind of talent, then he's not going to win. Starting to feel like another coach from La Tech that couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag despite multiple pros on his team.

The most significant thing they've done so far is lose to FSU. And there's this, "The Gators shot 28.0% in Sunday's loss to Florida State. Kerry Blackshear, a preseason All-American, missed all five of his field-goal attempts."
Props to VCU for knocking off LSU (with many fans in attendance sporting FBI gear and handing out cash - just to take the piss out of Will Wade):

Wow, I can't believe that Blackshear only had 5 FG attempts.

Reactions: VolGee4

VN Store

Back