Ernie G collectible.

Cool. Reminds me of my find a few years ago. Got this set of 4 for $1 at neighborhood yard sale in NJ! Imagine my surprise!!! Originally thought they were from mid 70’s since upper deck not added yet, but MAY be earlier, since Dickey added the "T" and checker boards on the field and they aren't on here . Bought them from Princeton Univ asst track coach who coached at UT years ago.
1574045806424.jpeg

I don't have pics to prove it but.....
I found a circa 1990's Reggie White figurine in the box at an estate sale in Houston, TX. Also found a UT vs FSU 1998 Fiesta Bowl shot glass in a thrift shop in Austin, TX.

Cool. Reminds me of my find a few years ago. Got this set of 4 for $1 at neighborhood yard sale in NJ! Imagine my surprise!!! Originally thought they were from mid 70’s since upper deck not added yet, but MAY be earlier, since Dickey added the "T" and checker boards on the field and they aren't on here . Bought them from Princeton Univ asst track coach who coached at UT years ago.
View attachment 239062

I have a couple of those glasses I got when I was at UT, 1979-1980. I believe they were sold as T-Club souvenirs.

I won one of those Ernie Grunfeld figurines at a VASF event years ago. Don't know anything about it, but I have one.

View attachment 239062

The stadium was still a horse shoe shape through the 70s. The bowl was completed in 1980 and the north upper deck was added in 1996. So they're from 1980-1995.

Reactions: njvols
View attachment 239062

I wouldn't try to read too much into the details, since I don't ever recall there being any kind of sign on top of the north end zone seating, either before or after the upper deck was added.

I wouldn't try to read too much into the details, since I don't ever recall there being any kind of sign on top of the north end zone seating, either before or after the upper deck was added.

The south facade almost looks like a photo. Maybe the north end zone was drawn in based on the planned 1980 addition.

They did hang a video board from a crane in the NW corner for a game or 2... possibly a whole season. It was useless when the sun was bright.

Reactions: Hacksaw
A little interesting side note on Ernie G. We were in the same history class at UT and he came maybe four times the whole quarter. And yes, the ladies were all over him.

A little interesting side note on Ernie G. We were in the same history class at UT and he came maybe four times the whole quarter. And yes, the ladies were all over him.
Ernie and his roommate Jerry Finestone were friends of my roommates and I. Lots of interesting stories I could share but your post reminds me of one. We were going to do something one night but had to wait on him to get out of a class trip to a funeral home for "Death Education". I had no idea there was such a thing but if I hadn't already used all my electives I would have taken it.

Ernie and his roommate Jerry Finestone were friends of my roommates and I. Lots of interesting stories I could share but your post reminds me of one. We were going to do something one night but had to wait on him to get out of a class trip to a funeral home for "Death Education". I had no idea there was such a thing but if I hadn't already used all my electives I would have taken it.
Interesting, for sure!

Ernie G.....I was surprised when I saw the figurine....thought it would be placing a elbow in opponents ribs or chin.
Saw him deck Robey or Phillips from UK coming down the floor after a made bucket......glad they did not have instant replay back then....haha

Reactions: orangefloyd

VN Store

Back