Rocky Goode passes away

He was so nice to me and my dad a few years ago at the Roast of Phillip Fulmer. He took it upon himself to come talk to us. I think he could tell we were out of place as we weren't hob nobbing with all the famous or wealthy people. He was real down to earth. I enjoyed him on radio too with the rules that the other guy does with Jimmy Hyams now.

I saw him in the gym late last year or early this year. He didn’t act himself, seemed like he had something going mentally. He was always super nice to everyone.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
He was so nice to me and my dad a few years ago at the Roast of Phillip Fulmer. He took it upon himself to come talk to us. I think he could tell we were out of place as we weren't hob nobbing with all the famous or wealthy people. He was real down to earth. I enjoyed him on radio too with the rules that the other guy does with Jimmy Hyams now.

Probably should have known Rocky since I was only a few years ahead of him at Bearden, but don't guess we crossed paths. I did talk to him on air a few times and appreciated his efforts though he was prone to avoid providing real answers with a what the rule book says statement rather than taking exception with other officials interpretation of the those rules. But I guess that would have to be done since he was going into the replay booth again the next week.... but as indicated was always friendly and polite... Really sorry when we lose true VFLs so early.

My friend I have known since you were in 8th grade at Northwest. My former high school and college teammate. I looked forward to sharing more time together with you in our advancing years. Rest in Peace Rocky.

VN Store

Back