Vols ranked No. 20 in latest AP Poll

Jeff Goodman has Tennessee as the #11 team in his Top 25 this week. I've been higher than most on this team, but even I think that's a stretch. Although if they beat FSU and VCU/Purdue next week then maybe Goodman's gut feeling will turn out to be true. Who knows, it just feels good to be the program now that is getting the benefit of the doubt after losing so much production. Reload not rebuild.

Jeff Goodman has Tennessee as the #11 team in his Top 25 this week. I've been higher than most on this team, but even I think that's a stretch. Although if they beat FSU and VCU/Purdue next week then maybe Goodman's gut feeling will turn out to be true. Who knows, it just feels good to be the program now that is getting the benefit of the doubt after losing so much production. Reload not rebuild.
Hey, that's some good info. Thanks!

Jeff Goodman has Tennessee as the #11 team in his Top 25 this week. I've been higher than most on this team, but even I think that's a stretch. Although if they beat FSU and VCU/Purdue next week then maybe Goodman's gut feeling will turn out to be true.

Watched FSU eek out a win against Western Carolina after being behind the whole game at home. Very athletic but somewhat undisciplined imo.

Who is the wise guy in scheduling that booked these non-conference games? I realize some may be better some worse than last season but does anyone other than the 4 blue bloods have a tougher NC? Should look good on the March resume!

Washington
FSU
Purdue
Memphis
Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Kansas

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Who is the wise guy in scheduling that booked these non-conference games? I realize some may be better some worse than last season but does anyone other than the 4 blue bloods have a tougher NC? Should look good on the March resume!

Washington
FSU
Purdue
Memphis
Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Kansas
Kansas is part of the Big 12 challenge that we have every year and FSU/Purdue/VCU are part of the Emerald Classic.

Definitely under ranked but its fine let them keep sleeping.
To be honest, I feel like it’s a little too high, especially while they are still working out the kinks with a new lineup, but they are certainly deserving of the ranking. I do feel like they could be a top 15 team by seasons end.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Congratulations, team!

Personally, for the sake of time to develop a dependable bench (and not be a "ranked target" for every team we play), I wish we could have stayed off the radar a couple more weeks.

But for recruiting down the line, it can't hurt to always be "in the conversation" and on the Top-20 list!

Watched FSU eek out a win against Western Carolina after being behind the whole game at home. Very athletic but somewhat undisciplined imo.

FSU definitely hasn't looked as good this year as they were last year. They're a vulnerable team who isn't quite as good as Washington. It's a game we should win, however they still have a lot of talent so I wouldn't be surprised if they beat us. We've looked really good to start the year, but it's only been 3 games so I need to see more first to see how consistent we'll be before I'm confident enough to start predicting wins in tough match-ups. This team is still really young so we're guaranteed to have a few clunkers where shots just don't fall and the other team is shooting lights out. Hopefully, thise games happen during the easier parts of the schedule.

But, it's hard to nitpick at all so far. It's been a fun,fun,fun start to the season.

Washington
FSU
Purdue
Memphis
Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Kansas
Yeah, like @Stoked posted, Kansas is the Big12/SEC thing and the Emerald Coast tourney, but the rest is all Barnes, I assume. He knows how to get a team into and ready for the Tourney. But, yeah, that's a brutal OOC schedule

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
It seems like Goodman always weighs resume more when ranking rather than projecting who he thinks is best. He may not truly feel that we’re the 11th best team in the country but he might feel like we’ve done more to earn that spot than others below us who might be better but don’t have a real good win yet

VN Store

Back