Jauan Jennings not named as a Biletnikoff Award Semifinalist.

You put JJ on any team able to throw consistently and he would lead in most categories. The kid is incredibly competitive. With average speed but an incredible first move he creates separation and wins almost every 50/50 ball. Lastly, he is very hard to bring down.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
JJ has great energy and plays with a fierceness that I wish all our players had. But he's not the most sure-handed receiver. He's reliable for the most part, but I've seen him bobble balls that hit him right in the hands several times. And it seems like it's led to some missed scoring opportunities and even a turnover or two. Go ahead and blast me, but that's what I've noticed.

Name one on that list that he should have gotten in over
Antonio Guandy for one. He has the stats because he plays in a less talented conference. I am prejudice tho. If you tell me I have to throw the ball for a first down, I want JJ catching the ball. If we don't make it, it won't be from lack of effort on his part. He is a BALLER. That should count for something.

JJ has great energy and plays with a fierceness that I wish all our players had. But he's not the most sure-handed receiver. He's reliable for the most part, but I've seen him bobble balls that hit him right in the hands several times. And it seems like it's led to some missed scoring opportunities and even a turnover or two. Go ahead and blast me, but that's what I've noticed.

Which is why he isn't a semi-finalist.

Reactions: Hacksaw
Antonio Guandy for one. He has the stats because he plays in a less talented conference. I am prejudice tho. If you tell me I have to throw the ball for a first down, I want JJ catching the ball. If we don't make it, it won't be from lack of effort on his part. He is a BALLER. That should count for something.

Of course. We have no one else. If you think he’s a better receiver than say, the Lamb kid
either catching or yards after catch, you aren’t watching much football.

Statistics do nothing to show JJs value. Just like MVP awards it should be all about the difference and impact the player makes. In other words if you were to remove the player from the team how successful would the team be? In JJs case I would say not very successful. You could make an argument that we would have 2 maybe 3 wins maximum without JJ vs 5. I don’t agree with posters who are throwing out all of these meaningless stats and rankings to justify JJ not being a finalist. There is such a wide variance in competition in the NCAA that those stats don’t tell us a whole lot.

41st in yards.
36th in TDs.
91st in YAC.

But, he should win it.

GBO!!

Bye Weeks will kill you on awards like this, SOS and UT's QB challenges don't help either. HOWEVER, under these same circumstances, JJ did really welll despite these challenges............the NFL will make a note. I will tell my friend, who knows someone, who is married to a girl who once dated a guy who went to elementary school with a scout..............JK, but JJ will be drafted...........book it...........3rd round.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back