Rucker: Vols aren’t better than last season-still hasn’t proved anything yet

He is an idiot. Tennessee only won two SEC games last season and has already won three this season on top of a very good performance against Alabama and a good UAB team. Last year's team did beat Auburn and Kentucky but that is literally all they did. This year's team has improved dramatically on defense, allowing just 23 ppg as opposed to 28 last season. The offense hasn't made drastic improvement but it has made slight improvements. This team has a great chance to finish the season on a very strong note.

Well in all fairness, last season we upset two top 25 teams. Did we upset any this season?

I think we played higher rated division teams with more wins last season. We're a much better team than last season for games 5-10 though.

But we showed more grit and resiliency this season. Our predicted blowout games I felt were closer especially bama game.

Take the fight to Wes on Twitter.

He loves it LMAO.

He is not exactly wrong but not exactly right either.

Team has been more competitive against the elites but you can't sweep the early season flops under the rug.

And I agree with him that the team hasn't put 4 quarters of solid football together.

Still 2 and hopefully 3 games to settle the debate.

He is an idiot. Tennessee only won two SEC games last season and has already won three this season on top of a very good performance against Alabama and a good UAB team. Last year's team did beat Auburn and Kentucky but that is literally all they did. This year's team has improved dramatically on defense, allowing just 23 ppg as opposed to 28 last season. The offense hasn't made drastic improvement but it has made slight improvements. This team has a great chance to finish the season on a very strong note.
We gave Alabama a game because they lost Tua….If you honest to god want to consider that a moral victory then by all means go for it...UAB got destroyed the week after they played us 37-2 by Southern Miss so does that win really look that good?...Not trying to be a negavol but all this we are back and ready crap is hilarious...We have lost some games to teams that had no business being on the field with us...We still are not a very good team....We are getting better in some areas, Defense is getting better and they are gaining confidence but if they split or even lost the remaining 2 games it would not shock me...Lets hope they get them both.

The win-loss record is all that matters. And we may have one more SEC win, but last years team didn’t crap the bed to start the season. You can appreciate the improvement but it doesn’t excuse the start of the year. If we drop the next two then it’s the same. I think we go 1-1.

Only thing that matters is the record. Jury is still out on that.

The one thing that concerns me is the beating they put on UK last year (much better UK than this year) and then pooped the bed the last two weeks. They should have been riding high last season going into a home game with Missouri. Hopefully a more focused team and a better outcome Saturday.

VN Store

Back