How good is Jim Chaney?

bpalmer28

Watching Georgia’s offense struggle tonight against a defense that’s been slightly above average all year made me smile.

UGA is rolling with 5-star studs all over the place and a QB they chose over Justin Fields, but have regressed mightily without Jim Chaney.

My thread title it rhetorical. Jim’s a boss and it’s great to be a Tennessee Vol!

He is so good he didn't lose to Ga State or BYU.

Wait, nevermind.
I get it....and the continued angst and disappointment about losing those first two is deserved. Those games can't be undone. I will say if we played NOW...we beat both of them easily...but we don't have that chance. Pruitt's gotta have this team ready from the get go. But Chaney is a very solid OC. We're fine in that department. We SHOULD be 9-3...but it is what it is.

Say what you like, in my opinion Jim Chaney is not even in the same league with Lane Kiffin calling offensive plays !!! Call me an idiot if you like, have been called much worse. I never have liked Chaney, nor will I ever like him.

You're gonna have to be more specific,
Jim Chaney has the same mind set for offensive football as he did back in 1940 when he was at Purdue !!!! 3 yards and a cloud of dust. He only throws the ball in have too situations. Rarely comes out throwing the ball on 1st and 10. Entirely too predictable and all he wants to do is run off tackle , the same stuff he ran at Purdue back in the olden days. He needs desperately to move up into the 21st century in his play calling. That is exactly why Georgia no longer wanted him , in my opinion. And I would gladly tell him that face to face if I I ever got a chance. I have been watching Tenn football since the late 50's so I have a right to complain.

Jim Chaney has the same mind set for offensive football as he did back in 1940 when he was at Purdue !!!! 3 yards and a cloud of dust. He only throws the ball in have too situations. Rarely comes out throwing the ball on 1st and 10. Entirely too predictable and all he wants to do is run off tackle , the same stuff he ran at Purdue back in the olden days. He needs desperately to move up into the 21st century in his play calling. That is exactly why Georgia no longer wanted him , in my opinion.
Seems like he has turned JG loose some lately. Maybe he has realized we are short stacked on RBs and the money is in his WRs. No?

Reactions: robed20
Seems like he has turned JG loose some lately. Maybe he has realized we are short stacked on RBs and the money is in his WRs. No?
ONLY OUT OF NECESSITY !!!!! HE DID NOT WANT TO RESORT BACK TO GEORGIA STATE AND BYU............AND YES I AM YELLING. If you will recall Jeremy Pruitt even had to tell Chaney to open the offense up during one of the halftimes...............it was entirely too mellow during the first half. Chaney will literally run off tackle every play if can sneak in a win. His motto: Three yards and a cloud of dust. He and Johnny Majors think a lot alike.

Reactions: OrangeNnotblue
Watching Georgia’s offense struggle tonight against a defense that’s been slightly above average all year made me smile.

UGA is rolling with 5-star studs all over the place and a QB they chose over Justin Fields, but have regressed mightily without Jim Chaney.

My thread title it rhetorical. Jim’s a boss and it’s great to be a Tennessee Vol!
Dawgs know now how good Chaney is...thought they rationalized different when he left

ONLY OUT OF NECESSITY !!!!! HE DID NOT WANT TO RESORT BACK TO GEORGIA STATE AND BYU............AND YES I AM YELLING. If you will recall Jeremy Pruitt even had to tell Chaney to open the offense up during one of the halftimes...............it was entirely too mellow during the first half. Chaney will literally run off tackle every play if can sneak in a win. His motto: Three yards and a cloud of dust. He and Johnny Majors think a lot alike.
nope. that's not Chaney.

Jim Chaney has the same mind set for offensive football as he did back in 1940 when he was at Purdue !!!! 3 yards and a cloud of dust. He only throws the ball in have too situations. Rarely comes out throwing the ball on 1st and 10. Entirely too predictable and all he wants to do is run off tackle , the same stuff he ran at Purdue back in the olden days. He needs desperately to move up into the 21st century in his play calling. That is exactly why Georgia no longer wanted him , in my opinion. And I would gladly tell him that face to face if I I ever got a chance. I have been watching Tenn football since the late 50's so I have a right to complain.
I have no idea what team you are watching but Chaney is NONE of the above.

Say what you like, in my opinion Jim Chaney is not even in the same league with Lane Kiffin calling offensive plays !!! Call me an idiot if you like, have been called much worse. I never have liked Chaney, nor will I ever like him.
I won't call you an idiot, but you're no threat to the Mensa folks.

Literally and figuratively, Chaney and Laney are in the same league. I also believe you will like Chaney, unless you’re a bammer, gator, dawg, or some other mess.

Literally and figuratively, Chaney and Laney are in the same league. I also believe you will like Chaney, unless you’re a bammer, gator, dawg, or some other mess.
UTM Graduate...............Vol fan since mid 50's..............never a Chaney fan !

Chaney really managed JF. If you go back and look at Fromme's stats last year he rarely threw 20 passes a game, think hr threw 13 and 14 couple games.
He has thrown over 40 in a game 2 or 3 times this year.,
In their defense, UGA was missing some valuable receivers which hurt them badly, just hope we are not saying that next year.

VN Store

Back