How To Watch Bowl Selection Process (Today)

For a little “luck”...

giphy.gif

With Auburn beating Bama last week they may have actually won their way out of the Citrus Bowl and into the Outback. Everything I've read this morning has Tennessee pretty much a lock to play Louisville in the Music City Bowl. Disappointing but at least we're back in the bowl picture. If Tennessee loses the perception will be really bad seeing as how UK blew them out.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and MAD
With Auburn beating Bama last week they may have actually won their way out of the Citrus Bowl and into the Outback. Everything I've read this morning has Tennessee pretty much a lock to play Louisville in the Music City Bowl. Disappointing but at least we're back in the bowl picture. If Tennessee loses the perception will be really bad seeing as how UK blew them out.
Not sure why you guys keep insisting on MCB...only ONE prediction anywhere is showing that.

Assuming we end up in the MCB....I had thought we would take the kids for maybe 3 or 4 nights, making a mini vaca out of the trip. Geeze, hotel rooms are crazy expensive near broadway.

Last edited:
Not sure why you guys keep insisting on MCB...only ONE prediction anywhere is showing that.
ESPN, CBS and 247 sports are all saying the vols are headed to the Music City Bowl.

In fact here's what 247 has to say:
247Sports intel: We expect Alabama to slide to the Citrus Bowl, who last hosted the Crimson Tide (vs. Michigan State) in 2010. Orlando gets first pick of SEC teams after the New Year's Six and grabbing the Crimson Tide is a no-brainer. ... Last-minute intel has indicated Tennessee (7-5) likely won't be playing in Florida after all for New Year's despite entering bowl season on a five-game winning streak. Tennessee last played in the Gator Bowl game to end the 2015 season and drew a crowd, but there's mutual interest between the Vols and Nashville (Music City), likewise with Kentucky and Jacksonville.

CBS - MCB
ESPN - MCB/Gayor
24/7 - Liberty
SDS - Gator
Athlon - Gator
CFBN - Liberty

Not sure where you’re getting your info...which 5 have MCB vs Louisville?

247 has us in MCB.. also ESPN, CBS, USA Today off the top of my head.. I live in Tampa and would love the game to be down here but looks like we'll likely be in the MCB.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
ESPN, CBS and 247 sports are all saying the vols are headed to the Music City Bowl.

In fact here's what 247 has to say:
247Sports intel: We expect Alabama to slide to the Citrus Bowl, who last hosted the Crimson Tide (vs. Michigan State) in 2010. Orlando gets first pick of SEC teams after the New Year's Six and grabbing the Crimson Tide is a no-brainer. ... Last-minute intel has indicated Tennessee (7-5) likely won't be playing in Florida after all for New Year's despite entering bowl season on a five-game winning streak. Tennessee last played in the Gator Bowl game to end the 2015 season and drew a crowd, but there's mutual interest between the Vols and Nashville (Music City), likewise with Kentucky and Jacksonville.

Yeah my bad, I was reading a different prediction published by 24/7. It’s pretty split 50/50 MCB/Gator Bowl vs either Louisville/Indiana. Guess we’ll see

247 has us in MCB.. also ESPN, CBS, USA Today off the top of my head.. I live in Tampa and would love the game to be down here but looks like we'll likely be in the MCB.
ESPN gives two picks, one has MCB, one has Gator.

Yeah my bad, I was reading a different prediction published by 24/7. It’s pretty split 50/50 MCB/Gator Bowl vs either Louisville/Indiana. Guess we’ll see
Yeah, I mean I guess from a payout standpoint the MCB is better than the Gator. When barn beat Bama it really sent any hope for the Outback out the window. So MCB is as good as it gets

Yeah, I mean I guess from a payout standpoint the MCB is better than the Gator. When barn beat Bama it really sent any hope for the Outback out the window. So MCB is as good as it gets
Who has the first pick of teams? MCB or Gator? Bc it’s basically us or Kentucky, assuming A&M goes to the Texas Bowl.

If you want a Florida bowl you better hope Bama is doing some major campaigning behind the scenes to get a New Years 6 bowl

I still say publicity wise for recruits, Gator is the way to go. Only game on, primetime slot......more eyes will be on this game. Plus I want to reward the boys with a warm climate game outside the state. Not sure why there would be mutual interest with MCB outside of the payout.......doubt Tenn needs a couple 100,000 dollars that bad.

VN Store

Back