Will Pittman Poach Chaney?

TNHopeful505

With Sam Pittman taking over at Arkansas, would he try to get Chaney to come with him? They have worked together for a LONG time. That was just my first thought was that he may get him for OC.

Definitely dont want to lose him!

With Sam Pittman taking over at Arkansas, would he try to get Chaney to come with him? They have worked together for a LONG time. That was just my first thought was that he may get him for OC.

No way. Chaney finally has Tennessee headed in the right direction. He is the highest paid OC in NCAA football. He likes living in Tennessee. Apparently has kids attending UT. He has unfinished business here.

Last edited:
Chaney has a terrific contract with UT. I doubt Arkansas can try to match it as they are paying off Morris and his staff and may be still paying Bielema. Sam Pittman has his work cut out for him. He sort of worked for Chaney- not sure Chaney would want to work for Sam.

He is not going back to Arkansas.

No they haven’t. 2012 was their first season working together...and that’s a total of FIVE seasons on the same staff out of Chaney’s 30 years and Pittman’s 32 years of coaching.

Chaney is staying. However, the really good news is that Georgia just lost their best coach and one of their best recruiters and developers of talent.

Agreed. Pittman leaving means UGA took another shot to and downgrade on their straff. They cannot find a better OL coach than Pittman. They may find one just as good, highly unlikely, but a better one cannot be found.

I think Sam Pittman could turn out to be a great hire for Arkansas if they get him the right assistants.

That being said..I really hope Chaney doesn't go. I don't think he will.

No way. Chaney finally has Tennessee headed in the right direction. He is the highest paid OC in NCAA football. He likes living in Tennessee. He has unfinished business here.

Chaney will spend the rest of his coaching days at Tennessee. Pittman going to Arkansas certainly does not help Georgia. The Georgia offense was not good with Chaney gone. With Pittman gone, the Georgia offensive line will not be good either. This is where the Vols have the chance to be the best in the East in 2010.

VN Store

Back