All 41 Bowl Games Predicted by ESPN

I'm a little worried about Jennings...we are also apparently down Middleton and Kennedy

I agree. I really don’t think this is gonna be as easy as some think. We don’t really come out of the gate very fast. Hopefully these guys come out sharp from the get go. I don’t really know much about IU, but I think they have a pretty decent offense and they gave Penn State a pretty good game. They did lose to Michigan State and MSU sucks, so theres that.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
My daughter goes to IU so I have watched them a few times this year. Penix is out but the starting QB now was a 2 year starter before losing his job this year. Their offense is a lot of shotgun, RPO looking stuff. IU beat all the teams they should beat and lost to the teams they should have lost to. If Tennessee plays like they did early in the season, Tennessee will lose. If Tennessee plays good tough football like they past 6 games, then we should win the game.

Our defense has been really good down the stretch. And now pruitt will have 3 full weeks to prepare. I’d say we hold them to a low score and win ping away. That’ll keep our win streak in tact going through the offseason.

IU put up a lot of points against bad teams but I don't see them scoring anything like 34 against our improving defense. We win 27-14.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I don't see Indiana scoring that much on our defense...They are not a high powered offensive team...That being said we aren't either...I see a close game in the range of Tennessee 24 - Indiana 14 with us pulling away at the end.

I’ve watched some of their games and all the UT games. I like UT’s chances A LOT. But we won’t roll over them in the least. They’re solid.

Reactions: Kinger
Not believing they score over 21 pts on the VOLS "D". However our "O" has looked so schizophrenic we could end with a close loss or a blowout win.

Do they run or pass primarily? I know nothing about their team
They have one good, not great, RB but he's versatile. Their OL looks again good, not great. They didn't appear to push MSU's DL around all that much but didn't seem to miss a lot of assignments either.

They have two good QB's. Both can throw it well. I watched their Mich St game last night. Unfortunately they do not have a lot of full game videos on youtube. Penix played that game and looked good. They threw an absolute TON of short passes and screens in that game. Very little downfield but Penix showed plenty of arm when they did. Together the two QB's totaled around 3,700 yards. UT's QB's totaled 2,640. However, they tend to wilt against good teams and D's. Against FBS teams with a winning record (they played only 3 believe it or not plus MSU at 6-6), IU had 2 TD's against 2 INT's. Overall they had 24 against 8. YPG went down by 30. Yds per attempt went down by about a yard to 7.6 ypa. UT was 8.1.

They have a pretty good receiver who runs well after the catch- Philyor. TE Hendershot looks like a real good player too. The others weren't too impressive to me vs MSU but they are big.

The stats tell a story with them when they play good teams. They throw more. They throw shorter.... and their run game largely goes to sleep. Against teams with a non-winning record which includes MSU they ran for 1275 and a respectable 4.21 ypc average. Against teams with a winning record they posted 230 yds with a 2.32 ypc average.

Both UT and IU got handled by the best teams on their schedule though IU gave PSU a good game and UT hung with Bama and UGA for a half. But down the schedule UT played better teams. The combined record of the teams they beat was 25-71. The teams UT beat were 41-44 with a UAB loss coming in their championship game. UT beat 4 teams with a bowl eligible record. IU beat no teams with a bowl eligible record. UT beat two teams ranked in the top 10 nationally in pass D.... by passing the ball. The highest ranked opponent in pass D that IU beat that I could find was Northwestern at 26.

UT currently ranks 16th in pass D which makes them the third highest ranked IU opponent in that category following tOSU and Michigan.

You can beat the stats and observations out a lot of different ways... I keep coming up with a UT win and a very favorable match up in both style and overall talent.

Do they run or pass primarily? I know nothing about their team

they're 8-4...4th Big Ten East...starter QB Penix (ring a bell) went down earlier in the year...backup Ramsey came in and did a pretty good job...they're a good passing team but not so good running the ball...descent defense...it should be a slobber knocker...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT HOOSIER DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize Bowls must comply with contract arrangements with various conferences, but Orange Bowl officials must have felt like somebody peed in their grits after Clemson laid 62 on Virginia. After that, Florida versus Virginia has zero viewer appeal.

I realize Bowls must comply with contract arrangements with various conferences, but Orange Bowl officials must have felt like somebody peed in their grits after Clemson laid 62 on Virginia. After that, Florida versus Virginia has zero viewer appeal.
Yeah. Gators will murder them. Honestly none of the SEC team bowl match-ups are all that impressive. Baylor may give GA a run for their money tho. VA-Tech could also beat KY. We only beat them in 16 because they couldn't get out of their own way that game.

Reactions: LexVol71

VN Store

Back