Tenn/Memphis State - Brighter future? Good article

on paper Tigers may be better but they don't play on paper, do they...thinking it's gonna get a little frictious...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE TIGGERS!

Reactions: cardvolfan
Vols:
giphy.gif

Memphis St:
giphy.gif

Reactions: RollerVol
"If Hardaway and Barnes both left tomorrow, chances are Tennessee is getting the better coach."

Basically all that needs to be said. And Barnes isn't leaving tomorrow, so he's only going to add to his success and, in turn, the program's stature.

To answer the question on the brighter future. A lot of it will depend on whether the NCAA initiates a Level 1 investigation for Memphis knowingly playing an ineligible player/lying on the attestation forms. If the NCAA does that, I'd say UT has the brighter future.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Penny knows how to play with the paper. $11,500 of paper to be exact....
What the article didn't mention is that after roughly one year, he has already run afoul with major NCAA infractions. Will he even make it beyond 2 years without having to pull a Calipari?

Reactions: Voltopia
Well they are saying future but I don't see it.
LMAO, Midmajor memphis has no future, penny wont even be the coach there in 2 years, and even if he did somehow survive, he's mediocre anyway as his record shows..

Barnes is a hall of fame coach,

Hardaway is typical memphis cheating trash whiner

I'm missing the part where they picked any side to win the game tomorrow. Perhaps you can link it?

Not good at linking but at the bottom of the article on espn.com, their 4 guys pick the winners for the important games of the weekend.

Medcalf predicted 78-76 Vols
Borzello predicted 74-70 Vols
Gasaway predicted 71-66 Vols
Schultz predicted 73-63 Vols

Reactions: supersmo18
You can spot the Memphis trash a mile away....they disappear after Tigger high gets smashed

Lol. No one in this thread is going anywhere. Sorry that some of us grew up or live in or around Memphis. I guess we are a less of a Vol. The arrogance is what can get out of here.

The only poster I don't recognize is James Bond up there.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
Lol. No one in this thread is going anywhere. Sorry that some of us grew up or live in or around Memphis. I guess we are a less of a Vol. The arrogance is what can get out of here.

The only poster I don't recognize is James Bond up there.

I like living in Memphis.I grew up here in the suburbs, but moved into Memphis a few years back. East Memphis isn’t all that bad, where I currently reside. Memphis Tiger fans can be insufferable, which makes it hard to root for the local program when they aren’t playing Tennessee.

There’s lots of Vols in the Memphis metro.

I like living in Memphis.I grew up here in the suburbs, but moved into Memphis a few years back. East Memphis isn’t all that bad, where I currently reside. Memphis Tiger fans can be insufferable, which makes it hard to root for the local program when they aren’t playing Tennessee.

There’s lots of Vols in the Memphis metro.

You better watch out. Some don't like you talking favorably about the city. I grew up and live in the suburbs. I am an alum of both schools, but I root for orange over blue. My brother is an alum of UT. You are right- there are Vols everywhere in Shelby County. It's an important area. But some want to continue to bash it.

In my truly humble opinion we spend way yonder to much time on this board talking about Memphis. As I've stated before they just aren't on my radar and it surprises me when they get this much "press" on our Vols board. Let Memphis hate the Vols but lets not expend our energy on that. Ok...I'm done :oops::oops:

VN Store

Back