Tarik Black Michigan transfer (WR)

JRVOL11

Entered the transfer portal today . Had a great start to his career at Michigan, but injuries have derailed his play the past few years. Former 4 star, who could help us out at WR a lot if he is healthy .

After reading this, I don't think he's worth taking a chance on:

Black had 40 catches for 507 yards and two touchdowns in his Michigan career total. He was hampered by injuries in both his freshman and sophomore seasons and walks away from Michigan as one of the bigger “what ifs” in recent history. Some fans have gotten on him for a perceived lack of effort this season, but the fact of the matter is that he just was not the same guy after he came back from the second foot injury.

...A lot have complained about effort with Black. Don’t think that’s the case (was a good blocker on outside). Where he struggled was mental part of route running. Incorrect depth, incorrect read of coverage, things of that nature. That’s why he fell behind IMO.

Quick thoughts on Tarik Black entering the transfer portal and what it means for 2020

Takes the ball out of our young developing WRs.

Hard pass (no pun intended).

After reading this, I don't think he's worth taking a chance on:

Black had 40 catches for 507 yards and two touchdowns in his Michigan career total. He was hampered by injuries in both his freshman and sophomore seasons and walks away from Michigan as one of the bigger “what ifs” in recent history. Some fans have gotten on him for a perceived lack of effort this season, but the fact of the matter is that he just was not the same guy after he came back from the second foot injury.

...A lot have complained about effort with Black. Don’t think that’s the case (was a good blocker on outside). Where he struggled was mental part of route running. Incorrect depth, incorrect read of coverage, things of that nature. That’s why he fell behind IMO.
Quick thoughts on Tarik Black entering the transfer portal and what it means for 2020
Sounds worse than a Kirkland Jr. who actually was really good as a Freshman. We saw what injuries did to him.

Reactions: CaptDoDo
I'd love to have him. Is he leaning SEC? I'd think he'd go somewhere in the BigXII or Pac12 to get more targets

Swain hinting this morning we would bring in possibly two, high level transfers in Jan. He didn't mention any names or positions.

VN Store

Back