Vols practice thread Friday 12/13

Fingers

The Vols were a little light on numbers today at several positions due to the fact that 12 players graduating this weekend and many of those spending time with their families as a result of that.
That gave a young guy like Ramel Keyton ample opportunity to get extra reps, which he took advantage of with several nice snags during the routes on air periods we were able to observe.
During the routes on air portion of practice Jarrett Guarantano was by far the most accurate of the quarterbacks. He looked sharp with no indication that he was rusty as a result of the Vols’ time off over the past two weeks. The same wasn’t true of Brian Maurer. The freshman stuck a couple of dimes in there to receivers but was also way off target on a few attempts.
Trey Smith is always working himself into position to get extra reps in whatever drill may be going on at the time.
Henry To’oTo’o continues to work with the elbow brace and the knee brace, but didn’t miss any reps.
Darrel Middleton was on the practice field working with the defensive line. There have been rumors about his standing academically. Finals finished yesterday.
Hubbs

Josh Palmer and Ramel Keyton were first through the line in routes-on-air work followed by Cedric Tillman and Isaiah Montgomery, the freshman who was awarded a scholarship last month. Deangelo Gibbs also worked outside with Brandon Johnson and senior Tyler Byrd, who will play his final game for the Vols in Jacksonville, running routes out of the slot. Keyton also got some work in the slot later in the period.

The only bad drops of the throwing session were by walk-ons.
Offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy also was not present. Kennedy had a procedure earlier this month to have his knee cleaned up, and his status for the bowl game, which Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt is expected to address after practice, is undetermined at this point. Kennedy also graduated this week, so that may have explained his absence.
Freshman Quavaris Crouch was with the outside linebackers on Friday after working with the inside linebackers in practice the week of the Vanderbilt game.
p.brown

Freshman Eric Gray appeared to be the first team running back in the open portion of practice.
With the other running backs, Tim Jordan’s left ankle was taped up, and Carlin Fils-aime was out on the practice field. Fils-aime has missed the entire season, but he’s expected to return next year.
Defensively, Daniel Bituli and Henry To’o To’o were the first team inside linebackers, with JJ Peterson and Solon Page backing them up. Freshman Aaron Beasley was also in the mix.
Quavaris Crouch worked with the outside linebackers, and Jordan Allen was back out with the group as well.
Shawn Shamburger and Warren Burrell appeared to be backing up Alontae Taylor and Bryce Thompson at cornerback.
b.mckee

Last edited:
Yea
giphy.gif

Hope Kennedy and Middleton are available for the game. Looking forward to a strong performance in the bowl game.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
If anyone hears news on Kennedy toss it our way, thanks and thanks fingers
Jeremy Pruitt on Brandon Kennedy: He had a little procedure done. He won’t practice for about the next 10 days. He’ll get checked out and then decide if he can play. Noted Jerome Carvin, Riley Locklear and Jackson Lampley can all snap.

"During the routes on air portion of practice Jarrett Guarantano was by far the most accurate of the quarterbacks. He looked sharp with no indication that he was rusty as a result of the Vols’ time off over the past two weeks. The same wasn’t true of Brian Maurer. The freshman stuck a couple of dimes in there to receivers but was also way off target on a few attempts. "

Good sign for the bowl. If JG is on we will blow them out.

"During the routes on air portion of practice Jarrett Guarantano was by far the most accurate of the quarterbacks. He looked sharp with no indication that he was rusty as a result of the Vols’ time off over the past two weeks. The same wasn’t true of Brian Maurer. The freshman stuck a couple of dimes in there to receivers but was also way off target on a few attempts. "

Good sign for the bowl. If JG is on we will blow them out.
Lulz. You got a twofer with this one post.

"JG good. Maurer bad".

I dont have a favorite. I hope whoever plays, whether they start or play 1 play, I hope they have a Heisman performance with each play.
Believe it or I don't have a personal favorite. I just advocate for who I thinks gives us the best chance to win. To me that was clearly JG this year.

Reactions: JohnWardForever

VN Store

Back