Henry To'o To'o: 'It's my turn to lead' Tennessee's defense

Shades

Shady member
Henry To'o To'o: 'It's my turn to lead' Tennessee's defense
by Patrick Brown

“I can’t tell y’all how much I’m grateful and thankful for Daniel Bituli,” To’o To’o said. “There’s no words that I can really put into description on the effect he had on me, not only as a football player, but as a man. Daniel’s a great leader off the field, a great leader on the field and he’s done tremendous things. I can’t thank him enough. I love that guy to death.

“I’ve just got to carry the torch on. Daniel showed me the way. Now it’s my turn to lead.”

“It’s not my defense, it’s everybody’s defense,” he said. “It’s not just one person, it’s 11 guys on the field. We’re a family, we play as one and that’s how it’s always going to be.”

However, To'o To'o also said Tennessee's returning cast on defense understood what was ahead and that life without Bituli, Taylor and Warrior soon would start, and the linebacker believes there was a sense of urgency from the team's younger players during bowl practices last month.

“For me, really everybody plays a huge factor, everybody stepped it up,” To’o To’o said, “because everybody realizes that we’re losing a lot of leaders on defense. I can’t really point out one guy. I feel like the entire younger guys, including me, I have a lot of room to improve and I have to step up big time next year. We’re all working as a group.”

“Definitely (my role changes),” he said. “It’s just being able to make calls like Bituli, just to realize and doing everything Bituli that did. Bituli’s a great leader, and I just want to carry the torch out for him.”

yes!
Toss in some big shoulder pads and a mesh jersey while were at it!

984f4f219017b0faa835ea266c97eea8.jpg

VN Store

Back