A worse stat for vandy

Breaking the vandy 3 point streak is great but consider this: Since signing a top 5 recruiting class in 2018, vandy has yet to win a single SEC basketball game with that class.
It's crazy isn't it. I could not believe that class Drew brought in and was dreading playing Vandy the next couple of years, but damn. Everybody always says UTs 5stars ate overrated, but compared to Vandy's, well, u know. Wasn't the '19 class, pretty damn good, too, especially for Vandy

Reactions: rocky top buzz
It's crazy isn't it. I could not believe that class Drew brought in and was dreading playing Vandy the next couple of years, but damn. Everybody always says UTs 5stars ate overrated, but compared to Vandy's, well, u know. Wasn't the '19 class, pretty damn good, too, especially for Vandy
They lost their best player to injury 2 years in a row......that sure didn’t help

They lost their best player to injury 2 years in a row......that sure didn’t help
No, it didn't. Garland went 1st round and played less than 10 games. Nesmith could go pro, too. Can u all imagine how good that Charleston team was with Nesmith and James ?

Reactions: RollerVol
Sad fact is we are 11-6. I see us going 4-10 the rest of the way. Finishing 15-16. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sad fact is we are 11-6. I see us going 4-10 the rest of the way. Finishing 15-16. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Weird I looked at our schedule tonight and came up with the exact same record...just not our year I'm afraid..hopefully next year we will be back in the hunt
Screenshot_20200118-221856_Chrome.jpg

I disagree with u both, UT wins the next 2 SEC games at home, losing at Kansas. That makes us 5-2 in the SEC, 13-7 overall with a very winnable game at MSU coming up next.17 wins is the minimum, regular season, imo

Reactions: VolnJC
I thought Tn played west teams once and eat teams 2 times ? why is Fla on there once and Auburn 2 times?

I thought Tn played west teams once and eat teams 2 times ? why is Fla on there once and Auburn 2 times?

When the SEC had 12 teams there were 16 game regular conference schedules (5 division opponents 2x each and 6 cross division opponents once each).

Basketball does not have east and west divisions anymore. Each team has about 3 traditional rivals that they play twice every year and a couple others rotate on and off of the schedule every year. I think that it's: all 13 are played every year, 3 rivals (KY, Vandy, and USCe) are played twice, and 2 other rotating home-and-away opponents for a total of 18 conference games. Coincidentally, before the SEC expanded to 12 teams, there were also 18 conference games... every team played home and away with the other 9 teams.

Both of those streaks could crush Vandy's recruiting. The 3-point streak has probably attracted several great outside shooters due to all of the attention that the ongoing record created. It was mentioned EVERYTIME they played a game.

Also, who wants to play for the team with the longest losing streak in the history of the SEC? I'm a big Bama fan on Wednesday, a big coc... South Carolina fan next Saturday, and a huge Wildcat fan the following week.

24 Sewanee
22 Bama
22 Vanderbilt

Actually TN not only ended the 3-point streak, but they put a record tying 24th consecutive SEC loss on Vandy.

Vandy was one-and-done in the 2018 and 2019 SEC Tournaments (they won their last regular season game in 2018), 0-18 in the 2019 SEC regular season, and they're now 0-4 in the 2020 SEC regular season. They're tied for the 2nd longest SEC REGULAR SEASON losing streak at 22. The streak is 24 if the SECT losses are included.

What years did Bama go 0-22? The SECT returned in 1979. Also, what year(s) did Sewanee go 0-24? The SECT ended after 1952.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
I hope you're wrong, but I can see that too. We could easily drop the last 5 games. That is a hard schedule the last 2 weeks

TN might need a win in that end of season stretch to make the NCAAT, BUT there might be pressure on every one of those opponents in a tight SEC championship race. We need to payback Auburn for the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: vols 30
Actually I disagree. Last year we were hot early and then cooled heading into the tournament. Look at last years SECT champ, Auburn was struggling early but got hot late. With all the in-season roster changes I think this team can start to gel and make a strong finish.

Reactions: VolnJC
I think we have to go into Feb. with 13 wins to even have a chance. 6 road games in Feb and Mar is really tough and add who we play. Going to have to grow up in the next 3 games. Vandy was a start. PS our first opp in Feb put 90 on GA last nite.

I disagree with u both, UT wins the next 2 SEC games at home, losing at Kansas. That makes us 5-2 in the SEC, 13-7 overall with a very winnable game at MSU coming up next.17 wins is the minimum, regular season, imo

Wow, I see 3 wins; unless this team turns it around real quick.

17 wins will get the BasketVols an invitation to the NIT Tournament

Wow, I see 3 wins; unless this team turns it around real quick.
3 is the absolute floor; I think we should get 5. Vandy is an obvious win. Ole Miss and A&M aren’t that good (and we have both at home). We already won against South Carolina. We should be able to beat Mississippi State. I think some other ones that may happen with some luck: Bama, Arky at home, Florida at home. We should have a good shooting night against someone like we did against Mizzou and win one that we either shouldn’t or that was a toss-up.

Reactions: The Dog
3 is the absolute floor; I think we should get 5. Vandy is an obvious win. Ole Miss and A&M aren’t that good (and we have both at home). We already won against South Carolina. We should be able to beat Mississippi State. I think some other ones that may happen with some luck: Bama, Arky at home, Florida at home. We should have a good shooting night against someone like we did against Mizzou and win one that we either shouldn’t or that was a toss-up.

SC will kick our butts in Columbia. They just knocked UK Off, and beat A&M on the road. State is a road game; hard to get a W on the sec road with this team. If UT finishes above 500, hats off to Barnes. OH and Auburn will fix their problems before we play them. They have shooters. UT Might get the one at home. GO VOLS! Surprise Us!

VN Store

Back