'21 AL OLB Ian Jackson

Since Signing Day passed in February, Prattville (Ala.) athlete Ian Jackson has seen his recruitment take off. Offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee among others have extended offers to the 6-foot-2, 210 pounder. He has visited all those schools listed but one within the last four months, and he was set to visit there before the coronavirus put recruiting on hold. (Georgia)
"I had camped at Tennessee before so this was my second time there. I like how often they have stayed in touch with me and the interest they have shown. I got to see the campus and spend more time with the coaches on this visit. I have been talking to coach Jeremy Pruitt, coach Felton, coach Ansley and coach Niedermeyer a lot lately." Jackson, like many recruits are not sure what comes next. Visits cannot be taken until at least the second half of April, and that date could be pushed back even further. He has yet to trim his list down or name favorites, but he is not ruling that out in the coming weeks.
"I am still talking to my family about all this and we are just taking it one day at a time," said Jackson. "If the virus clears up, and we get back to normal in April, I could take more visits, but I am really not sure. "Overall, I am still open to all schools and I do not have a date or anything set to cut my schools down or to commit, so we will just see what happens. "I am still talking to a lot of coaches, taking it all in and building relationships. I would say I am not close to a decision right now. I could end up changing that, but as of today, I am still taking my time and staying open."
-Simmons

VN Store

Back