Softball Week 3 - USF Tournament

briancrice

The "Season Has Started" post devolved into a lot of anger for some reason, so I thought we could go with a fresh start for this week's games. Warning: Shameless plugs, but hopefully useful links to follow.

Ralph was on our radio show earlier this week and shared some news about changes in the infield and why one of the changes couldn't happen last weekend: Erik Ainge Show Podcasts

I'll be back with free live audio this weekend for the games at USF:

Friday
FIU - 11:30 ET (approx.): LISTEN
UCF - 2:00 ET (approx.): LISTEN

Saturday
UCF - 9:00 ET: LISTEN
USF - 2:00 ET (approx.): LISTEN

Sunday
USF - 11:30 ET (approx): LISTEN

Obviously I won't be interacting from the field, but look forward to reading the thread after we're back at the hotel. If you have questions in-game, send them to @briancrice on Twitter and I'll try to answer them on the fly.

Enjoyed the interview very much. A couple of things about Ralphs comments: Sounds like Jwill has more or less been penciled in at shortstop for a while now but has not played there much in the very early games. I know he said she would have started last weekend without the head injury. Also made a comment about softball coaches stealing players. Without saying that's what happened with Caylan Arnold I took it as an implication that is what happened. And finally the integrity they have is a smell of fresh air to me. Yes I disagree with many things but that is not one of them!

Texas did a lot of stealing of players from where he coached in the Pac 12 and other places why they are so strong today he went and got all the top players he could find from other schools. I wish the NCAA had a rule against that softball is softer than most you can transfer way to easy without penalty in softball.

Texas did a lot of stealing of players from where he coached in the Pac 12 and other places why they are so strong today he went and got all the top players he could find from other schools. I wish the NCAA had a rule against that softball is softer than most you can transfer way to easy without penalty in softball.
I remember walking into the Tennessee Classic last year and seeing a number of Oregon shirts, etc. I thought Oregon is not in this tournament then I remembered the Coach from Oregon brought almost all his good players to Texas. It is kinda of a joke.

Yep but I am hoping that when the new transfer rule is established that anyone in one sport can transfer one time this will solve the rampant stealing problem. I expect that to pass myself. Yes I will never pull for a Mike White team to win at anything. What he did to Oregon is pure legal theft! It left them way down but they should get back up there soon. Did I see that Oklahomas assistant head coach took over at Oregon when he left? I do know White convinced a young pitcher that had committed to us to sign with them. Just seemed funny for Ralph to say that about the stealing of players at a time we lost a pretty darn good pitcher! looking forward to game today!

Enjoyed the interview very much. A couple of things about Ralphs comments: Sounds like Jwill has more or less been penciled in at shortstop for a while now but has not played there much in the very early games. I know he said she would have started last weekend without the head injury. Also made a comment about softball coaches stealing players. Without saying that's what happened with Caylan Arnold I took it as an implication that is what happened. And finally the integrity they have is a smell of fresh air to me. Yes I disagree with many things but that is not one of them!
I too was wondering if he was indirectly talking about Arnold....it popped into my head immediately but to be honest she appeared to be miserable last season. I don’t know if it was personal life or softball life but she definitely didn’t look to be a happy person.

Reactions: lvfan and RollerVol

VN Store

Back