YTD recruiting results

VolsdeepVFL

Has anyone done a year to date recruiting update? For example showing where were ranked this time last year in terms of commits on 2/24/19, '18, '17 etc. Would be interesting to also incorporate where the top 5 finishing classes were to get an idea of where you want to be to finish near the top.

If you are asking about the ‘21 class, isn’t it a bit early, even with the early signing period, to start comparing year to year? We are just a couple of weeks past a good ending to this year’s class and we aren’t even into March yet. I am sure the info is available if you feel the need to do a “much too early” recruiting class comparison.

If you are asking about the ‘21 class, isn’t it a bit early, even with the early signing period, to start comparing year to year? We are just a couple of weeks past a good ending to this year’s class and we aren’t even into March yet. I am sure the info is available if you feel the need to do a “much too early” recruiting class comparison.
Yes, but I meant as in a YTD projection updated monthly. I think this would be a solid reference for the crowd panicking over early results, any over reaction could just be linked to it.

If we don't track our ranking hourly, how will we ever gauge how loud our pontificating against the coaching staff for having the 25th ranked class in March needs to be? Think man.
Get Frank to set up text updates .

If we don't track our ranking hourly, how will we ever gauge how loud our pontificating against the coaching staff for having the 25th ranked class in March needs to be? Think man.

Come on man... use your noggin. "As loud as possible" is always the answer.

Reactions: Bret178
Has anyone done a year to date recruiting update? For example showing where were ranked this time last year in terms of commits on 2/24/19, '18, '17 etc. Would be interesting to also incorporate where the top 5 finishing classes were to get an idea of where you want to be to finish near the top.
It would be nice to compare and contrast. If for no other reason than to see how much turnover can be expected, when recruits typically come off the board (especially quarterbacks, and around spring practice), etc.

But some of these recruitnicks get offended when people wanna just have discussions.

Yes, but I meant as in a YTD projection updated monthly. I think this would be a solid reference for the crowd panicking over early results, any over reaction could just be linked to it.
I get it, but there's no year to year correlation to end results. Last year, folks at UF were ready to fire mullen b/c he couldn't recruit, and ended up with a top 10 consensus class above UT. This year, they're off and running with 11 commits. Seems Pruitt generally is OK playing the long game, with high preference on seeing them at camps.

If you have been on this board for any length of time, you understand that there is a group of posters on this site that would find something to complain about a class consisting of 25 5 star players.

If you have been on this board for any length of time, you understand that there is a group of posters on this site that would find something to complain about a class consisting of 25 5 star players.
yeah...why can't we sign 28 5*'s like everybody else!!

Reactions: Pride85

Or how we're 3rd in the Nation in March, and how we'd better give the entire staff raises before they get poached.

This time last year, we had Harrison Bailey, Dominic Bailey, Will Albright, and one or two others (who later decommitted). The 2020 class was ranked around 20th, give or take, for most of the year, right up until the early signing day. The 2019 class also seemed to be off to a slow start until Wanya Morris committed in May 2018.

Class ranking in February is not the best predictor of final finish for a couple of reasons. One, player rankings are still very fluid at this point, and will remain so until the recruits start attending elite camps over the next few months. Second, it's hard to tell which commits will stick for the 10 months to ESD. Finally, we have no way of knowing for sure how many "silent" or "likely" commits we have at any given point, which will affect what offers coaches give and which commitments they'll accept.

If 2019 and 2020 are any indication of how this year will go, be prepared for a seemingly slow start, an epic miss or two, commitments that seem confusing at the time, growing concern and panic among impatient fans in May and June, and then the class coming together masterfully in the end.

VN Store

Back