Emily Saunders

Vols2015

As we narrow down our regular schedule, I’d love to see Emily get some playing time! Just about every game she has played, they’ve found a way for her to score! She’s a big body and I think it’s going to be vital we utilize her! #freeEmily! 😊

No more than Emily has played this season she should've been redshirted. She should've been put on a training program to improve her athletic ability. I like her offensive game everything seems to boil down to movement and endurance. She appears to have an excellent shooting touch, but her movement is very slow and it really shows up defensively.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I would love to see her transfer somewhere she can be appreciated.

So you know the reason she isn't playing, unlike the rest of us?

You have totally discounted the possibility that there is a good reason she can't play right now while the rest of us respect her privacy and trust the staff to do right by her?

Maybe Emily is looking forward to a happy, productive future as a Lady Vol. Why don't we leave it there unless we hear otherwise?

Believe that was someone just speculating.

We will need Emily going into next year. We’re going to be losing Lou Brown and Kamara Harris after this year, so it’s imperative we have her presence down low. I suspect we may go after a JUCO post in the off season hopefully. That has paid dividends the last several seasons.

Reactions: mlindsay
a simple case of how many posts can be given playing time when winning is difficult . note who has much less time on the court as the season has progressed.

equally important - in coming years will one or more of the posts become a version of the position Lou played?

Reactions: VolBall09
Have none of you ever been on a team where you were just proud to be on the team? Playing time isn’t everything, being part of something bigger than yourself can feel so good.

As I recall Emily wasn’t the most highly recruited player out of high school. She was given an offer and scholarship because of how much she and her grandfather love the Lady Vols.

It shouldn’t be shocking to anyone that a 3 star freshman post player hasn’t gotten much playing time in all these close SEC games. Hopefully she is perfectly content developing her game and supporting her teammates.

She was back on the bench against Vandy supporting her teammates the other night. She is always the first one to her feet when someone makes a big play. To me, she doesn't look like a dissatisfied person.

Last edited:
I think everyone kinda knew that her playing time this year would be slim. However I do think that the staff is going to work with her and get her into playing shape. She’s probably why we’re recruiting 4 players and not other centers

When Pat coached, there was always at least one or two players who rarely got playing time. It’s pretty much the norm with every program.

Reactions: Hoosier
Get outta here with that garbage.
So you are ok with this young lady sitting the bench for 4 years when she could go somewhere else and play? She is the only player on the roster that never gets playing time. But maybe Saunders is good with it. It’s not like Key, McCoy, KK and Harris are so dominant that she could not get a few mins here or there.

So you are ok with this young lady sitting the bench for 4 years when she could go somewhere else and play? She is the only player on the roster that never gets playing time. But maybe Saunders is good with it. It’s not like Key, McCoy, KK and Harris are so dominant that she could not get a few mins here or there.
Maybe there is a legitimate reason she hasn't been playing for quite a while. The fact is we don't know and any speculation is not fair to her or the program. Should she leave if she hasn't been playing because of an illness or injury? We have no idea so people should just chill on the Emily playing thing. We don't know the reason and we have no right to know the reason. Yes, curious to know but no right to know. I like her game and look forward to seeing her play in the future.

I'll go middle ground. There well may be a reason she's the only one getting zero minutes and if so it is indeed none of our biz. But if that is not the case, it does seem unusual to me that she is the only one getting zero mins. Its not like others getting pt are exactly setting the woods on fire and KJH has shown willingness to be wildly experimental with personnel. I can't really remember its been so long but I don't remember Emily being any worse than any of the other back up posts back when she played a bit.

I just hope whatever is going on, she does the very best thing for her happiness next year.

I'll go middle ground. There well may be a reason she's the only one getting zero minutes and if so it is indeed none of our biz. But if that is not the case, it does seem unusual to me that she is the only one getting zero mins. Its not like others getting pt are exactly setting the woods on fire and KJH has shown willingness to be wildly experimental with personnel. I can't really remember its been so long but I don't remember Emily being any worse than any of the other back up posts back when she played a bit.

I just hope whatever is going on, she does the very best thing for her happiness next year.

We are all speculating but, thinking it through, we have 6-5 post player who may be "green" but show some promise in the early outings. It makes no sense that Kellie would not play her one minute since the early season UNLESS there is some intervening factor that is not known to the general public. Full stop.

I think it is interesting that she is never mentioned on Margo's Facebook page and a number of folks who post there are close to the program and never mention her. Further suggest to me that her not playing is a private matter and probably not b-ball related per se.

Reactions: Lucy and glv98
I think she sees some time (and a lot of it) against Ole Miss, and hopefully Auburn as we try to get ready for the SEC tournament.

If she has been sick or injured, it could be that UT is going to apply for a medical redshirt for Saunders. NCAA rules says she can play in 30% of the games and still be eligible for a medical redshirt. She has played in only 10 games. The Lady Vols have played 27 games. Two more regular season games and one in the SEC tournament gets them to 30. Two in the SEC or one in the NCAA gets them to 31 and that would qualify her. 30% of 31 games is 9.3. The NCAA rounds up which means 10 would make her eligible. Better to redshirt her at this point than waste a full year with by playing her 5 minutes per game for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Of course this numbnuts is just trying to get a rise from us, safely hiding behind his keyboard. Wonder if he'd ever in real life walk up to a group of strangers engaged in conversation and say, "Whatever you're talking about is really lame and stupid and I'd wouldn't waste a second of my life on it. I would, however, spend several seconds of my life coming up uninvited and unwelcome to tell you all what a waste of space you are."

Bet his bravdo to bust in and spew is not near enough in real life to do what he does from the safety of Mama's basement with his hand in the Cheetos.

Reactions: Bret178
So truth and she looked good to me.
Shades of Nina Moore.
FREE Emily
How can she feel good sitting on the bench watching how poorly KK and Harris is playing.

I see that I was probably right about that guy since my mini psychological profile is gone now. Oops. Sorry!

ROFL!!!!!!

Given Kellie’s substitution policy it just seems to me there is something we don’t know here. Also, ES seems very supportive and into the game for someone not getting playing time for no reason. I think we see a redshirt here.

Reactions: lvocd and glv98

I didn't realize you could predict the future.

VN Store

Back