First Time in a Long Time

tnutater

I think Tennessee has a better coaching staff than Alabama. With the Cochran exit, Saban lost the best in the business. The assistants are not near what the Tide has been used to having. None there very long. I hope this is the beginning of the end. They still have some of the best players that money can buy. I hope their recruiting suffers in 2021. I hate Crimson.

I think Tennessee has a better coaching staff than Alabama. With the Cochran exit, Saban lost the best in the business. The assistants are not near what the Tide has been used to having. None there very long. I hope this is the beginning of the end. They still have some of the best players that money can buy. I hope their recruiting suffers in 2021. I hate Crimson.

As much as I hate Alabama, I will have to see it to believe it. Regardless, I believe Clemson is who we desperately need to come back down to earth and return to being irrelevant. They take a lot of kids we used to get out of GA (there's so much talent in GA Smart can't take them all) and the Carolinas. Also, Dabo's schtick is wearing thin with me.

Why would Alabama have to pay players?

As much as I hate Alabama, I will have to see it to believe it. Regardless, I believe Clemson is who we desperately need to come back down to earth and return to being irrelevant. They take a lot of kids we used to get out of GA (there's so much talent in GA Smart can't take them all) and the Carolinas. Also, Dabo's schtick is wearing thin with me.
I don’t disagree on Clemson. That being said we’ve got to create our own space...and when we do, we will weaken the surrounding area...USC, Clemson, UNC, UGA. The key is to start winning some high impact players, which is a double edged sword win...strengthens UT...weakens others.

#facepalm

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Why would Alabama have to pay players?
SbNation did a video series on the investigation into the Tunsil story at Ole Miss. it’s clear that Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, and Miss State we’re paying players large sums. It’s also clear that it isn’t everyone doing it.
You just don’t sign hordes of 5 stars out of the clear blue like Bama, Ole Miss, and Georgia did after the hire of a new coach without something going on. Don’t forget that Bama was on probation after caught red handed in the early 2000s and who can forget the pictures of players and their new fancy cars.

It's not that I disagree with you. There's an adage that says the more things change the more they stay the same.

1582639662961.png

3f2.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: feathersax
I’ll say this the Bama defense since Pruitt left there hasn’t been nearly as impressive to me. Saban is probably still the best to ever coach but maybe just maybe he’s showing a little vulnerability finally.

I bet Saban had his security team really close when he told Cochran that he could not say goodbye to the team.
Saban shouldn’t have let Cochran address the full team. He just left at an awful time, in the middle of off season training, right before Spring practice starts....and he went to an in conference rival. Cochran can surely reach out individually and say “goodbye” to the players, but no way I let him address the full team. Saban was right imho.

VN seems to believe Auburn, Bama, Georgia and Florida all pay players.

Teams that have consistently beat UT over the years must be paying their players.

No those universities paid the coaches. Something UT didn't until of late. Oh and we finally hired a real football coach who knows what a program should be.

VN Store

Back