All Tenn Fans

Zbbfan

I come from a family of healthcare workers, 5 nurses (one becoming and APRN in a month) and 1 respiratory therapist in the Northeast. Two of the nurses have 30+ years experience. The other four are young and just beginning their adult lives. What they have seen in the past few weeks is extremely serious. They now don’t talk about the conditions they see in their hospitals, much like my dad who never talked about any of the atrocities he saw during WWII. I am begging you to abide by physical distancing. You can socialize through phone, email, text, WhatsApp, FaceTime, Skype, zoom, Houseparty. Just quarantine yourselves as much as possible. You do not want to go through what we are. You do not want your loved ones to suffer alone, dying in a hospital all alone.
I hope you all stay safe, and look forward to seeing you at the UConn/Tenn game next year.

I come from a family of healthcare workers, 5 nurses (one becoming and APRN in a month) and 1 respiratory therapist in the Northeast. Two of the nurses have 30+ years experience. The other four are young and just beginning their adult lives. What they have seen in the past few weeks is extremely serious. They now don’t talk about the conditions they see in their hospitals, much like my dad who never talked about any of the atrocities he saw during WWII. I am begging you to abide by physical distancing. You can socialize through phone, email, text, WhatsApp, FaceTime, Skype, zoom, Houseparty. Just quarantine yourselves as much as possible. You do not want to go through what we are. You do not want your loved ones to suffer alone, dying in a hospital all alone.
I hope you all stay safe, and look forward to seeing you at the UConn/Tenn game next year.
Zbb.. God bless your family for the chosen paths they took to help people. It takes a special breed to sacrifice all they do for others.

That’s what I worry about the people in health care that will never forget what they’ve seen or the people they couldn’t save. Being haunted or tormented by their faces every night. I hope that they wouldn’t take their own lives but it wouldn’t surprise me if it happened.

I wish everybody in health care the best
From the doctors to the sanitation worker
They all play a big role in beating this thing
I pray for their safety, their health, and healing
I pray they find a cure and no more people pass
I pray we stay safe, stay smart, stay healthy
So that one day we as a nation, no matter the stadium, no matter the school color, no matter the rivalry can once again enjoy the company, the excitement, the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat.
Here’s to each and every one of you, no matter if we’re friends or not. I wish you well, happy, and healthy.

We will not go quietly into the night.
We will not go down without a fight.
We will live on.

In closing I’ll leave you all with this:

Rocky Top you’ll always be home sweet home to me.
See you in Knoxville 2021

Last edited:
That’s what I worry about the people in health care that will never forget what they’ve seen or the people they couldn’t save. Being haunted or tormented by their faces every night. I hope that they wouldn’t take their own lives but it wouldn’t surprise me if it happened.

I wish everybody in health care the best
From the doctors to the sanitation worker
They all play a big role in beating this thing
I pray for their safety, their health, and healing
I pray they find a cure and no more people pass
I pray we stay safe, stay smart, stay healthy
So that one day we as a nation, no matter the stadium, no matter the school color, no matter the rivalry can once again enjoy the company, the excitement, the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat.
Here’s to each and every one of you, no matter if we’re friends or not. I wish you well, happy, and healthy.

We will not go quietly into the night.
We will not go down without a fight.
We will live on.

In closing I’ll leave you all with this:

Rocky Top you’ll always be home sweet to me.
See you in Knoxville 2021
Wish I could like this about a thousand times! Wonderful post!

Reactions: madtownvol
May God bless and protect you, your family and your co-workers. Thank you for what you do!

My 94 year old father in law was diagnosed with it a week ago. He’s hanging on but it doesn’t look good, given his age.
We think he was exposed at a rehabilitation facility he was in after minor back surgery.
We can’t go see him (obviously, the hospital is locked down) but we talked to his nurse yesterday and she said “we’ve had a lot of fatalities. This is awful. God awful”.

This is real. Everyone be very careful.

Western suburbs of Chicago

My 94 year old father in law was diagnosed with it a week ago. He’s hanging on but it doesn’t look good, given his age.
We think he was exposed at a rehabilitation facility he was in after minor back surgery.
We can’t go see him (obviously, the hospital is locked down) but we talked to his nurse yesterday and she said “we’ve had a lot of fatalities. This is awful. God awful”.

This is real. Everyone be very careful.

Western suburbs of Chicago

I have an 89 yr old dad and a 81 year old mom two miles from me and I can't go into their home for fear of what I may have been exposed to....It's like living in the 19th century.

So sad to hear of your family being affected,,,Sincerest wishes and prayers for your FIL's recovery

Thanks for telling us backward Tennesseans stuff we have Already heard like 5,000,000,000 times already.

The state of Connecticut is a Hot Spot , so maybe your time would be better spent on a Ucon message board lecturing the residents of that cold northeastern state.

Last edited:
images

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2

Thanks for telling us backward Tennesseans stuff we have Already heard like 5,000,000,000 times already.

The bombardment of information can seem a bit overwhelming, but given the literal life-or-death consequences at stake, it seems better to err on the side of too much information vs. not enough.

After all, the governor of Georgia has just now learned that people without symptoms can actually be spreading the virus.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1reVOLver
Hits home, my wife is a home healthcare RN and everyday she strips down in the garage . We spray down with Lysol ,use hand sanitizer. Living in backwoods TN has kept us safe for now but it’s coming. We will keep praying this terrible virus goes away but till then God bless you and be safe . GBO

wow I just looked at the status counts for TN,
Sevier county had 6 two days ago,now ten,,,Nashville has over 1000 alone
EUnry-YXsAENuUn

Reactions: creekdipper
I manage two branches @ a regional bank in Middle TN. It’s amazing how busy we are and the amount of people that are still out.

I have been out for only walks and groceries...bored to tears
fixed everything thatcould be fixed, played virtual cards,,,
Times like these is when I appreciate VolNation the most
Same with me coach J, went out for a road trip yesterday just to get out.

Same with me coach J, went out for a road trip yesterday just to get out.

I am going to do that today. All of the public sites in the smokeys are closed off but the non-public ones aren't so it is a good time to go exploring.

Reactions: Chippo
maybe not though,,,right now staying home is the safe haven
the count has risen considerably since last week
seveirville had 6 now 13 and Knox is up to 99
Nashville has more than half of the cases in TN
EUx-GhcXgAMoPXc

VN Store

Back