Destiny Slocum

Sounds like she is grad transferring from Oregon State. Would be a nice point guard to get...
Yes .... but she left Maryland to go to Oregon because of it being 2,000 miles apart from . Couldn’t adjust to being that far from home . Knoxville is over 2,000 from Boise Idaho

Yes .... but she left Maryland to go to Oregon because of it being 2,000 miles apart from . Couldn’t adjust to being that far from home . Knoxville is over 2,000 from Boise Idaho
My guess is that Destiny isn't going somewhere to come off the bench or play 20 mpg as a starter. She'll go someplace that needs a starting PG and she will be the mainstay at that position.

My guess is that Destiny isn't going somewhere to come off the bench or play 20 mpg as a starter. She'll go someplace that needs a starting PG and she will be the mainstay at that position.

Totally agree. She is looking to improve her draft status. She must have heard from the WNBA pipeline that she needed to show more and wasn't in the first round.

If Slocum comes here it will be as an audition for the WNBA. Are we ok with her coming here to do her own thing, be the go-to scorer, put a monster numbers even if it might translate to less wins and more losses? From what Ive seen of her, she is a shoot first kind of point guard, very good at getting her own shot, driving and finishing in traffic, but not a very efficient passer. I think she wants to go to a program with a coach that will allow her to put up gaudy numbers in an effort to show pro GMs what she is capable of doing: scoring.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
If Slocum comes here it will be as an audition for the WNBA. Are we ok with her coming here to do her own thing, be the go-to scorer, put a monster numbers even if it might translate to less wins and more losses? From what Ive seen of her, she is a shoot first kind of point guard, very good at getting her own shot, driving and finishing in traffic, but not a very efficient passer. I think she wants to go to a program with a coach that will allow her to put up gaudy numbers in an effort to show pro GMs what she is capable of doing: scoring.
my vote, no

Well, I mean, that would include us since our starting PG is leaving. But I don't see Slocum coming here. She probably wants to play for an actual relevant program.

Reactions: mcannon1
Well, I mean, that would include us since our starting PG is leaving. But I don't see Slocum coming here. She probably wants to play for an actual relevant program.

True, but she'll be sharing a lot of minutes with Jordan Horston and Rae Burrell in the starting backcourt. Can't see Slocum going somewhere that she has to share a lot of her minutes.

Not to say that I thought Tennessee had a snowball's chance to get her. I agree with you that she's gonna be shopping around for a legit NC contender.

She fits the playing styles of Oregon, Arkansas, DePaul. Any run and gun team. I honestly think she would have flourished at Maryland and should have stayed there.

A couple of points. First, the OSU mascot is a beaver, not a duck, so Coach Jumper needs to revise his response to something like "fupped beaver" not "fupped duck." Second, although everyone seems to think that Oregon was a "run and gun team" along the lines of Arkansas and DePaul, that's simply not true. Yes, the Ducks did run on occasion, but mostly after live ball turnovers; the majority of their points came in the half court. Here are some telling stats: although Oregon led the nation in scoring at 86 pts./ game they ranked 251st out of 351 division 1 teams in pace of play (69.2 possessions/game). That's about 1.24 pts./possession, a remarkable stat in itself. Maybe a better fit for Slocum than OSU, but not really a good one nevertheless.

Last edited:
A couple of points. First, the OSU mascot is a beaver, not a duck, so Coach Jumper needs to revise his response to something like "fupped beaver" not "fupped duck." Second, although everyone seems to think that Oregon was a "run and gun team" along the lines of Arkansas and DePaul, that's simply not true. Yes, the Ducks did run on occasion, but mostly after live ball turnovers; the majority of their points came in the half court. Here are some telling stats: although Oregon led the nation in scoring at 86 pts./ game they ranked 251st out of 351 division 1 teams in pace of play (69.2 possessions/game). That's about 1.24 pts./possession, a remarkable stat in itself. Maybe a better fit for Slocum than OSU, but not really a good one nevertheless.

It is not a reference to the mascot, just a more polite way of reversing consonants in a couple of words. fupped duck

Destiny is officially a razorback

That’s a great fit for her. They are going to be dangerous next year. Really guard heavy again. With her, Ramirez and Dungee they are going to be impossible to guard on the perimeter.

Neighbors is just the right kind of coach for her as well. He is green light all the way.

That’s a great fit for her. They are going to be dangerous next year. Really guard heavy again. With her, Ramirez and Dungee they are going to be impossible to guard on the perimeter.

Neighbors is just the right kind of coach for her as well. He is green light all the way.
Indeed she will thrive in the shotgun offense

Reactions: VolBall09
Another player that really could have helped Tennessee off the board, as the rest of the SEC continues to get better...

VN Store

Back