Player Monitoring During This COVID Offseason

SprocketRocket

There has been much talk recently about player monitoring during this mandated separation period. Alabama issued their players Apple Watches and are using apps on their smartphones to "monitor weight-training programs." I have read that Alabama has gotten the OK from the SEC to use these gadgets in some limited way, but who knows how they are really using them. I just read a story on the four-letter network's website that suggest Dabo Swinney and Tom Herman are apparently not convinced. They seem to think that the directive from the NCAA says these things are strictly forbidden. Herman specifically mentioned the SEC and maybe I'm reading too much into it, implied that more than just Alabama is doing this. Has anyone heard if Tennessee has done something similar to what Alabama is doing?

What's the difference in this and the coaches giving the players 10 $100 bills? (We can be certain these arent the base watches being given out)

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
There has been much talk recently about player monitoring during this mandated separation period. Alabama issued their players Apple Watches and are using apps on their smartphones to "monitor weight-training programs." I have read that Alabama has gotten the OK from the SEC to use these gadgets in some limited way, but who knows how they are really using them. I just read a story on the four-letter network's website that suggest Dabo Swinney and Tom Herman are apparently not convinced. They seem to think that the directive from the NCAA says these things are strictly forbidden. Herman specifically mentioned the SEC and maybe I'm reading too much into it, implied that more than just Alabama is doing this. Has anyone heard if Tennessee has done something similar to what Alabama is doing?

You know, it's a shame that when you bring forth a good topic for facts and conversation to be discussed, what you get are these BS responses!! I just hope some folks have some information on this topic to post.

Reactions: FïreBall
The ‘AA/SEC Pisnt going to punish their cash cow.

I say everyone do it and keep working to get better.

It is called the competitive edge. Teams that are able to use whatever to win, and it successfully flies under the radar screen, are winners. My issue is all the "managed chaos" from the league(s) offices, officials, referees, and in some cases inflamed by the media. It pays to have spies in other programs. I hope CJP knows what is going on and what he has got to work against and overcome. Great time to be reviewing horrible officiating by internet and phone with SEC HQ.

Reactions: SprocketRocket
It is called the competitive edge. Teams that are able to use whatever to win, and it successfully flies under the radar screen, are winners. My issue is all the "managed chaos" from the league(s) offices, officials, referees, and in some cases inflamed by the media. It pays to have spies in other programs. I hope CJP knows what is going on and what he has got to work against and overcome. Great time to be reviewing horrible officiating by internet and phone with SEC HQ.
I think Coach Pruitt is our first HC since Fulmer that knows what is going on. The other three did not care(Dooley,Kiffy) or out of their league(Butch)

I think Coach Pruitt is our first HC since Fulmer that knows what is going on. The other three did not care(Dooley,Kiffy) or out of their league(Butch)

I certainly get the feeling that he does. I just wonder in this case if knowing what it takes to win translates to doing what it takes to win. If the NCAA's edict about monitoring your players' workouts is "open to interpretation", then I would love to know which side of the interpretation we are on.

I guess it is also possible that Pruitt doesn't want anyone to know what they are doing. Saban did put it out there for everyone to see, and if the SEC or NCAA have a problem with it, they know where to go. If whatever we are doing - and you can bet we are doing something - can fly under the radar, then maybe that would amount to a competitive advantage whenever football practice can resume.

A simple solution to this would be the NCAA/SEC and other conference offices issue a statement saying this is ok or not and everybody will then be on the same page.

The best thing these kids can do right now is nothing. Sit at home and do nothing. Not even exercise or film study.
Extended Physical and Mental recuperation can really help the body become more normal. And less likely for injury down the road

The best thing these kids can do right now is nothing. Sit at home and do nothing. Not even exercise or film study.
Extended Physical and Mental recuperation can really help the body become more normal. And less likely for injury down the road
They should just game, slam mountain dews, and pound cheetos. Recipe for fall success..

Reactions: Volfanfrombirth

VN Store

Back