Tamika Catchings in the HOF!

HeadVol77

The best is yet to come!
  • Catchings ranks first in WNBA history in steals and is third in points and rebounds. She also won a national title at Tennessee in 1998.
"I think honestly just what [coach] Pat [Summit] has meant," Catchings said on being the first player in the storied history of the Lady Vols to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. "To be able to follow her lead and follow in her footsteps. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to the University of Tennessee was to play for the best coach and play alongside some amazing players. ... I'm just really thankful and grateful that I got the chance to go to the University of Tennessee and to be the first [Hall of Famer]."

I remember watching the 2012 WNBA Finals i was rooting for the Lynx Tamika caught the ball and scored a 3 early in the 4th I knew that was game Loudly crying face what an extraordinary player Tamika was and role model she is

Congrats ! A much deserved honor and couldn’t have happened to a better person! This is super exciting for a great basketball player and an even better person!

Reactions: T_Vol376
MY GREATEST CONGRATULATION TO YOU TAMIKA CATHINGS:) You are the total embodiment of Coach Summitt's teachings, leadership, wisdom, and competitive work ethic. If you should see an extra ray of sunlight, I truly believe it is her smiling down on you over joyed in seeing the magnificent women and role model you are. I wish to say a sincere thank you to your parents for the wonderful and magnificent human being they have reared and given to the world and the Lady Vol Family, Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Cathings. Tamika the fact that you will now share the Hall with Coach Summitt is a blessing, and may it shine upon you all your days. 323836680_360x203.jpgcatchings_tamika_01-550x336.jpg CONGRATULATIONS:):):):):):)

Reactions: HeadVol77

It takes a collector to understand how valuable that card is to you.
I have many NBA cards, Shaq, Kobe rookies, over 200 Michael Jordan cards
One of my cards is a derek jeter foil rookie:
temp.pngI only collected for a few years in my 30's but still have many of the more valuable ones
That said, I know what this one means to you

It takes a collector to understand how valuable that card is to you.
I have many NBA cards, Shaq, Kobe rookies, over 200 Michael Jordan cards
One of my cards is a derek jeter foil rookie:
View attachment 270268I only collected for a few years in my 30's but still have many of the more valuable ones
That said, I know what this one means to you
Wow another collector on here. :) That Jeter card is very popular. I collect WNBA, NBA, MLB, and NFL cards. I have over 30 Jordan cards. Scottie Pippen went o college in a town I used to live in.

Attachments

• IMG_20190131_0042.jpg
    IMG_20190131_0042.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 3
That MJ is a true collectors find.
I have over 300 of his cards (kind of a nest egg...Beam Team, Topps finest but nothing newer than 1989 this is the earlier MJ's I have
20200406_111821[1].jpg
Oh and for those who would call me a liar with the Derek Jeter Foil Rookie:
20200406_112410[1].jpg

Never got it graded, but looks perfect and no fingerprints or smudges, clean edges, no divots

I think you should grade it.
Here are a few more Lady vols.

Attachments

• IMG_20190201_0030.jpg
    IMG_20190201_0030.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200323_0007.jpg
    IMG_20200323_0007.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200323_0009.jpg
    IMG_20200323_0009.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 4
That MJ is a true collectors find.
I have over 300 of his cards (kind of a nest egg...Beam Team, Topps finest but nothing newer than 1989 this is the earlier MJ's I have
View attachment 270282
Oh and for those who would call me a liar with the Derek Jeter Foil Rookie:
View attachment 270283

Never got it graded, but looks perfect and no fingerprints or smudges, clean edges, no divots
Those Jeter rookie cards are a very tough grade. It's very difficult to get anything over a 7 from PSA.
I had a bunch, that I thought looked perfect, graded by PSA and a 7 was the best I got.
Still, a 7 is worth a few hundred.

Those Jeter rookie cards are a very tough grade. It's very difficult to get anything over a 7 from PSA.
I had a bunch, that I thought looked perfect, graded by PSA and a 7 was the best I got.
Still, a 7 is worth a few hundred.

I have always refrained from sending card in bc I fear losing them,,,is there a grader local?

I have always refrained from sending card in bc I fear losing them,,,is there a grader local?
PSA use to make rounds to numerous localities. Under present conditions, I doubt if they're still doing that.
PSA is the most respected of the card evaluators. If you're serious, it's the best organization to have your cards graded by.
PSA Homepage
Their website has additional info.[/QUOTE]

PSA use to make rounds to numerous localities. Under present conditions, I doubt if they're still doing that.
PSA is the most respected of the card evaluators. If you're serious, it's the best organization to have your cards graded by.
PSA Homepage
Their website has additional info.
[/QUOTE]
thanks for that...appreciate it very much

During the 90's I collected subsets threw away tons of cards just to get the one in 32-packs cards
A heavy investment, but back then I was single and making more money than I could spend
I look back now and wish I had invested it in a more stable portfolio, but, the cards was the one thing that didn't come up in my divorce so in turn they were a great investment

I look forward to the day when the Naismith HOF recognizes that Chamique Holdsclaw's talent and career accolades are, at the very least, equal to the 2019 inductee Teresa Weatherspoon. I mean, I love T-Spoon, but she is pretty much most famous for having hit a half-court buzzer-beater for the Liberty in Game 2 of the 1999 WNBA finals. She was a terrific player, but certainly NOT even remotely close to the player that Chamique Holdsclaw was. And it's not even arguable.

If T-Spoon made it, then Chamique MUST be enshrined in the future, else the whole darn hall is a joke.

VN Store

Back