MS DT Fabien Lovett (FSU transferee)

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster

Fabien Lovett, 2018 Defensive tackle - Rivals.com

The rising sophomore announced Friday he entered the NCAA transfer portal after Mississippi State head coach Mike Leach tweeted out a controversial meme.

Several schools quickly reached out to Lovett, who said he has three years of eligibility remaining.

Programs such as Ole Miss, Tennessee, Florida State, Georgia Tech and Oregon have contacted Lovett and his family, according to his father, Abdual Lovett. Tennessee and Florida State have stood out early in the recruiting process, Abdual Lovett said.
link

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownVol
Mississippi State defensive lineman Fabien Lovett, who criticized Bulldogs coach Mike Leach's tweet that showed a meme of a woman knitting a noose for her husband during self-quarantine, entered the NCAA transfer portal on Friday.

As a blk man 43 that is married and has college kids and two minor kids at home I for one totally understood the Leach tweet. Yes i understand the nature of the picture but my goodness this generation has been so pussified that its ridiculous. The man made a caption that deliberately explained what he meant and the uproar still happened. I enjoy Leach on twitter and we laugh on group text almost daily about something he has tweeted. Can't wait to see Twitter leading up to the Ole Miss v Miss St gm. This should be EPIC

As a blk man 43 that is married and has college kids and two minor kids at home I for one totally understood the Leach tweet. Yes i understand the nature of the picture but my goodness this generation has been so pussified that its ridiculous. The man made a caption that deliberately explained what he meant and the uproar still happened. I enjoy Leach on twitter and we laugh on group text almost daily about something he has tweeted. Can't wait to see Twitter leading up to the Ole Miss v Miss St gm. This should be EPIC

Agree 100%

People looking for something to be offended about.

exactly correct....that was circulating all over facebook according to my wife and many found it quite humorous....he seems to just be looking for an excuse....

Back to, Lovett, He is from the Memphis area and Bama recruited him hard coming out of HS.. I wouldnt be surprised if Memphis or Bama became his landing spot.

Reactions: ChiTownVol

Seems like he wanted out and outrage over a "racist" tweet is the easiest path to getting a waiver. Less likely for Miss. State to object and the NCAA has shown that they will have on this issue.

Bama backed off, his final two came down to Memphis or Mississippi St and it was close enough that it was actually reported that he had committed to Memphis at one point. They are thin on the interior D-line so I believe they will go all out to get him.

Bama backed off, his final two came down to Memphis or Mississippi St and it was close enough that it was actually reported that he had committed to Memphis at one point. They are thin on the interior D-line so I believe they will go all out to get him.
Probably explains why he is interested in FSU

Reactions: volnut1

I think if he weren’t openly pro trump, there would have been no outrage. A woman wanting to hang her husband because she’s spent too much time with him isn’t racial.

The context is 100% why it isn’t racist. The context is clearly a woman wanting to kill her husband because she’s annoyed with him. The idea that anything + Mississippi=racist is a bad equation.
I understand that. But, from their prospective it may not seem that way. Plus, it also gives kids an easy way to transfer without sitting for a year.

Nooses have been a mechanism for murder of thousands upon thousands of any and all races.

We unfortunately live in an ignorant, entitled, Uber-sensentive society. Is what it is, but this kid is CLEARLY using this to get an immediate transfer waiver, I.E Justin Fields.

What is truly sad, is that this young man will get his waiver while kids with terminally ill family members won’t.

It’s the litigious society a bunch of ambulance chasing lawyers have created for us. No rational, just a fear of being sued.

This is so dumb if they were truly offended by this. Mississippi plus a noose doesn't automatically make something racist. I get they may be using this as an excuse, but the context of this meme is clearly not racially motivated.

Leach should not have apologized for this or erased it. I hate how sensitive the US has become.

VN Store

Back