Class of 2020 - WR class

KeepinUpWithJones

I hate my username too
Anyone else feel like this class might end up being the best in the nation at the WR position?

With the interior OL being among the best group in the nation, I feel like it could open up the field more for our WRs. We will be a threat to run between the tackles and teams will have to load the middle to stop our ground game. This should leave more space for our wide receivers to operate. I just wish Trey, BK and Cade we’re gonna be with us through the 2021 season

Reactions: LittleVol
Anyone else feel like this class might end up being the best in the nation at the WR position?

With the interior OL being among the best group in the nation, I feel like it could open up the field more for our WRs. We will be a threat to run between the tackles and teams will have to load the middle to stop our ground game. This should leave more space for our wide receivers to operate. I just wish Trey, BK and Cade we’re gonna be with us through the 2021 season

A lot to love about the class.

Jimmy Calloway won't even stay at WR imo.
His natural skills at CB will make him an immediate contributor there.

Hyatt and Wideman can takeover the entire field.

Beckwith is just an offensive weapon.

Jimmy Holiday will move to WR and he's going to be tough after the catch.

I think you need to slow down a bit. Palmer started to show his talent last year but the rest of the guys will be green. The timing between the and receivers takes time and with this virus stuff slowing things down it could just as well be ugly.

I think you need to slow down a bit. Palmer started to show his talent last year but the rest of the guys will be green. The timing between the and receivers takes time and with this virus stuff slowing things down it could just as well be ugly.

The virus stuff effects the defense as well.
He's just taking about their potential. There's nothing to "slow down" about.

He didn't say they'd start over Palmer- who actually had a better year in 2018 rather than last year.

Wideman and Hyatt are both guys you don't have to be very accurate to complete passes to.

They are all extremely athletic! And Chaney will make adjustments to take advantage of the skills ... Jet sweep, etc. They will all see the field in 2020 (baring injury).
BUT ... they will still have Palmer, crafty B Johnson, and Keyton in front of them. Not saying those guys are better, but experience is learned...and they are not Jedi yet ...they have much to learn.
Take a page from Eric Gray's book ... it will click ... Freshman wall is real.

im excited. Just trying not to expect too much from freshman. They can make 3 great plays and then run the wrong route and you still have to punt.

I said this during signing period about this class and I still stand by it... they will absolutely upgrade the WR group even with losing Calloway and Jennings. I love those two aforementioned guys but this 2020 class is extremely athletically gifted. Once Tee gets them tuned up we’ll be super deep here and as gifted as we were in 2012 but way better coached.

VN Store

Back