Shalon Pillow named FAMU Head Coach

I am glad she snagged a HC job. Good for her!! Tough job, saw they only had 4 wins last season all against 300 plus in the RPI.

I’m so happy for Shalon, and look forward to following her at FAMU. Surely fans will give her an adequate grace period to get the program back on track considering where she’s starting from.

I noticed another blast-from-the-past name on the Indiana Fever’s list of coaches for this upcoming season: April McDivitt Schillng. Some here may not remember McDivitt, but she was a scrappy guard who transferred to UC Santa Barbara for her senior year. As I recall, she left mainly to get to be in a position to be the star guard, and I’m pretty sure it worked out well for her.

Congrats and good luck to both Shalon and April!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I’m so happy for Shalon, and look forward to following her at FAMU. Surely fans will give her an adequate grace period to get the program back on track considering where she’s starting from.

I noticed another blast-from-the-past name on the Indiana Fever’s list of coaches for this upcoming season: April McDivitt Schillng. Some here may not remember McDivitt, but she was a scrappy guard who transferred to UC Santa Barbara for her senior year. As I recall, she left mainly to get to be in a position to be the star guard, and I’m pretty sure it worked out well for her.

Congrats and good luck to both Shalon and April!
Thanks for the update on McDivitt. I remember being surprised when she transferred given she received a good bit of playing time and was entering her senior year. Of course she was alongside Lawson and Loree Moore and may have felt left out of the rotation but she had some very good games as a LV.

I hope Pillow is successful. She's paid her dues as an assistant.

VN Store

Back