Are there 5 better stadiums in the SEC than Neyland?

I know stadium rankings (at least the top ones) is basically splitting hairs but there is no way on this earth that Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is better than Neyland!
SEC football stadiums ranked 1-14 -

Of course, my biased opinion is that Neyland is the greatest place to watch a football game. However I honestly have no problem with 1 and 2 on the list. But 3, 4, and 5? No. Just, no.

I live in Baton Rouge and Tiger Stadium can be loud, but Neyland is louder. They might have us beat on tailgating, though, but I don't really know that.

I know stadium rankings (at least the top ones) is basically splitting hairs but there is no way on this earth that Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is better than Neyland!
SEC football stadiums ranked 1-14 -
BHG and Neyland have major cosmetic issues. Neyland has far more access issues. Parts of Neyland are great and others are as bad as it gets. Tight concourses, terrible restrooms and concessions. They spent a lot of money expanding while older parts fell into decay. North and West are great. South and East suck hard.

Of course, my biased opinion is that Neyland is the greatest place to watch a football game. However I honestly have no problem with 1 and 2 on the list. But 3, 4, and 5? No. Just, no.
Neyland was #1 until Phil's last season.
But in 2020, I agree with this. The Swamp is an oversized old high school stadium.

Depends on the metrics.

As far as overall gameday experience? No, there aren't even 5 in the nation across all sports.

In terms of bathrooms, concessions, or comfort? Sure.

But give me Neyland any day, I can feel the history vibrating off my skin when I'm near it.

Only stadium I give props to over Neyland is LSU Tiger Stadium. Can't match that atmosphere anywhere else. GA, AL, FL TN, A&M are all even in my opinion.

VN Store

Back