SEC-Big 12 Challenge

Could Arkansas possibly get close to a sellout for the Baylor game? Assuming fans are allowed to be at full capacity.

So,speaking of high profile games, has anyone info on our scedule,and are we still.playing easy Holly early games that really hurt us in the RPI?

As far as I know of you all play UConn, West Virginia, Texas, and probably Stanford(?). Would definitely like to see Kellie schedule tougher than Holly did. Most if not all of those games that holly signed in her contract should be done either this year or next year. Not familiar with how Kellie will take on scheduling tougher opponents but she didn’t seem afraid to take on tough opponents at Missouri St so I expect pretty much the same at UT.

As far as I know of you all play UConn, West Virginia, Texas, and probably Stanford(?). Would definitely like to see Kellie schedule tougher than Holly did. Most if not all of those games that holly signed in her contract should be done either this year or next year. Not familiar with how Kellie will take on scheduling tougher opponents but she didn’t seem afraid to take on tough opponents at Missouri St so I expect pretty much the same at UT.

Yeah, would like to see some Zags, DePaul, Iowa State, Louisville, NC State, Mo State or Drake, etc.

SEC schedule generally adds 5 or 6 Top 25 opponents...possibly more in years with home & away series with tougher teams.

Reactions: SCspur
Yeah, would like to see some Zags, DePaul, Iowa State, Louisville, NC State, Mo State or Drake, etc.

SEC schedule generally adds 5 or 6 Top 25 opponents...possibly more in years with home & away series with tougher teams.

No doubt Kellie will have her mid-majors in there but I can agree with a matchup of Louisville or NC St. I wouldn’t mind Dawn trying to schedule either one as well or a PAC 12- SEC challenge would be very cool since Stanford and UT play ever year and SC has a home and home with Oregon set to being finalized.

Reactions: creekdipper
They played two years ago.

And also played last season, although that was a holiday tournament setting, and not arraigned as part of the Challenge....

Only Baylor and TCU had 20+ win seasons last season, compared to 7 SEC teams last season. And yet the Big12 whooped up on the SEC winning 8 of the 10 games - only Texas A&M and Arkansas won their games. Hopefully we do much better as a conference this season.....

And also played last season, although that was a holiday tournament setting, and not arraigned as part of the Challenge....

Only Baylor and TCU had 20+ win seasons last season, compared to 7 SEC teams last season. And yet the Big12 whooped up on the SEC winning 8 of the 10 games - only Texas A&M and Arkansas won their games. Hopefully we do much better as a conference this season.....

No excuse for the SEC not to be one of if not the best conferences next year. A lot of teams should be better next year.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Could Arkansas possibly get close to a sellout for the Baylor game? Assuming fans are allowed to be at full capacity.

Doubtful. I’ve been to some games at Bud Walton. It seats nearly 20,000, attendance has improved, but not that much. They still only draw 3,200 on average. They need some home grown talent. Fayetteville is a small town.

Without seeing the schedule I am totally sure we don't have any 300 rpi teams or two or three win teams on the schedule next season. I think we'll see a lot of teams that are 150 rpi or maybe a little higher as after that hard to get games home and no road game. I know we have Stanford at home, Notre Dame at home, Texas on the road., UConn at home. I am quite sure we won't see teams like Central Arkansas, Arkansas Pine Bluff, or probably Tennessee State. We may still play ETSU doubt we ever play on their court again really don't want to put yourself in that position.

Baylor and Arkansas are both in the season's Preseason WNIT field so they could potentially play twice this season.

VN Store

Back