Who would you start at QB?

Who would you start at QB this season if you were the head coach?

• Jarrett Guarantano

• Harrison Bailey

• Brian Maurer

• JT Shrout

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Whoever wins the job in August. I've expressed my opinion on JG. I think he has limitations that hurt the team. But if he wins the job then he should start.

I just hope whoever the starter is.... they will win a tough competition and will be MUCH better than we've seen for the last 3 years from JG or anyone else.

I chose OTHER. We can always get a walk-on between now and season beginning, right?

Reactions: goldenvol
Anyone that says someone other than who the coaches think can get the job done are crazy. I mean C'mon folks. We are paying these coaches a lot to win and put the best on the field. Surely you see their motivation to put the best QB on the field.

I'd make Maurer prove that he can throw the ball to the correct team during mop up duty before letting him start another game, and I'd make Harrison Bailey prove he can handle the big stage before starting a game. JG would be the man, with a short leash.

you can’t say that about Bailey when JG can’t handle playing under the lights either.

It’s a coin flip between Shrout and Maurer

I think Shrout is a calmer version of Maurer but Maurer gives the team incredible energy.

However, I know ole JG will start the season.
Pretty much this.

the only thing I would add is that I'd love to see Bailey take over in the 3rd Q in Norman and never look back.

Pretty much this.

the only thing I would add is that I'd love to see Bailey take over in the 3rd Q in Norman and never look back.

Gotta take time with Bailey. I know everyone is excited and wants him to play. In time we’ll see what he’s got but if you throw him out there to early he could have big mental setbacks.

Whoever wins the job in August. I've expressed my opinion on JG. I think he has limitations that hurt the team. But if he wins the job then he should start.

I just hope whoever the starter is.... they will win a tough competition and will be MUCH better than we've seen for the last 3 years from JG or anyone else.

THIS 1MM TIMES !!

You Karen's can flip out and debate about your opinions but, i guess, everyone is entitled to one kinda.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
No spring practice hurt Bailey’s opportunity to win the job. Betting he redshirts now.

JG should get the chance, but be on a short leash. Maurer is next up and gets a long leash to learn and see if he can stay healthy.

After that...who knows. But Bailey should redshirt since there was no spring.

Whoever gives us the best chance of winning football games, as indicated on how they perform in practice/scrimmage etc.

Reactions: VolinMC
It’s a coin flip between Shrout and Maurer

I think Shrout is a calmer version of Maurer but Maurer gives the team incredible energy.

However, I know ole JG will start the season.
For what? Who is the more terrible qb?

lmao

I guess you don't want wins or a qb that can pass.

OP, Why do y'all keep asking things like this? At least 3 of our Qbs we've NEVER seen on the field for us. And the other ones, we've not seen the most recent versions of them. So, how would we be able to have an actual informed basis to compare them?

Reactions: 1vol8 and ksgovols
With the Spring practice having one practice and kno knowledge of when or if Fall practice begins, No one could predict whomight even be here for the first game, if there is one this year. Just too early to have any idea who will start any of the games at QB and many other positions. Also, whoever starts the first scheduled game may not be the starter for any of the remaining games. I am not sure we will even be able to play any games this year. I think Knoxville had 14 new cases of Covid19 reported yesterday. Not looking very good.

VN Store

Back