SEC and others ask Congress for college athlete compensation laws

"I know you don't have anything else going on right now...aside from covid, trade wars and riots...but, long story short, we made this mess, but Congress, can you approve us a law real quick so we can social distance from this powder keg of a topic?"

Reactions: JohnWardForever
I am sure this will all be handled reasonably and consistently, without any glitches.

I agree that Congress can often be the opposite of progress, but this is exactly the kind of thing that needs federal legislation.

It’d be better than fifty individual state laws on the same subject.

Big question is, who is the third party they have in mind? Athlete counsel/agents with trust accounts? How do you prevent the Rosenhaus types from installing Miami and Duke as perpetual kings of the field/court?

What if the Courts or neutral arbitrators served as this third party, or accounting firms? That’d be akin to receivership, I guess. Lots of moving parts here. We’ll probably be assembling the plane in the air, as usual!

I agree that Congress can often be the opposite of progress, but this is exactly the kind of thing that needs federal legislation.

It’d be better than fifty individual state laws on the same subject.

Big question is, who is the third party they have in mind? Athlete counsel/agents with trust accounts? How do you prevent the Rosenhaus types from installing Miami and Duke as perpetual kings of the field/court?

What if the Courts or neutral arbitrators served as this third party, or accounting firms? That’d be akin to receivership, I guess. Lots of moving parts here. We’ll probably be assembling the plane in the air, as usual!
Saban nominates Paul Bryant Jr

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back