CBS Sports Is Bullish On Tennessee Going Into The 2020 Season

He has Florida winning the East and going 11-1, with only loss to UT.

That's kind of hard to figure. We are supposed to beat UGA and LSU, but lose to UT?

tenor.gif

Well sure, see App State vs. Michigan.

But the notion that we would beat both LSU and UGA but lay an egg at Tennessee just seems far fetched to me.

PROBABLY the way the game sets up. Between two other toughies? I know not of UF schedule.

We would both probably take the deal.

Oh, I am sure UF would delight in 11-1 and SECe champ, regardless of who the one loss is to. I'm just mystified at the notion that UT is better than UF, but will lose three games, whereas UF is better than two power teams of the last 5-10 years but is not better than UT.

If the analysis compared strengths and weaknesses, i.e. said UF is better except for o line worse than UT d line so thats the one game they lose, fine. But I'm not seeing that level of reasoning.

IMO this was carefully crafted to get fans of all three teams to click. UT because he says you will beat UF, UGA because he says they lose the East this year, and UF by saying they will win it.

Clicks = $

Here's a nice article about how CBS Sports expects good things out of the Tennessee football team in the 2020 football season. They think Tennessee goes 9-3 losing to Oklahoma,Alabama and Georgia.

CBS Sports bullish on Tennessee for 2020
I see a lot of people making this type of prediction, but I think we have a better shot at Georgia in 2020 than Florida. While Georgia is loaded with talent, they have a lot of turnover on their starting offensive line (despite a lot of playing time amongst this year's O-linemen), a new quarterback that is highly overrated, and a wide receiver corp that was horrible last year. I believe Florida is the team to beat in the East this year.

UF is better than OU IMO by a fairly wide margin.
I agree. If we got very solid QB play, I think we would have a shot at Oklahoma since they're breaking in a new QB. Unfortunately, with the lack of spring practice, I fear that we'll be stuck with JG early in the season until he plays himself out of the starting lineup (again). JG will not be our starter by the time the Georgia game rolls around.

I agree. If we got very solid QB play, I think we would have a shot at Oklahoma since they're breaking in a new QB. Unfortunately, with the lack of spring practice, I fear that we'll be stuck with JG early in the season until he plays himself out of the starting lineup (again). JG will not be our starter by the time the Georgia game rolls around.
I think that depends on Maurer and Shrout. I think the lack of spring really puts HB in a hole. He needs live, college speed reps more than anything. But the deficiencies of Shrout and particularly Maurer can be helped in the film room and 7 on 7. The biggest need for both is to develop the mental, decision making part of the game..

IMO, Maurer got a shot only because the coaches saw his upside. Obviously among some good play... he made some really big mistakes too. It is up to him to put in the work to catch JG.

You remembered that UGA is now game 10 didn't you?

I think that depends on Maurer and Shrout. I think the lack of spring really puts HB in a hole. He needs live, college speed reps more than anything. But the deficiencies of Shrout and particularly Maurer can be helped in the film room and 7 on 7. The biggest need for both is to develop the mental, decision making part of the game..

IMO, Maurer got a shot only because the coaches saw his upside. Obviously among some good play... he made some really big mistakes too. It is up to him to put in the work to catch JG.

You remembered that UGA is now game 10 didn't you?
I think Tennessee can go 9-3 with average quarterback play. If they get above average to great quarterback play Tennessee can win 10-11 games.

He has Florida winning the East and going 11-1, with only loss to UT.

That's kind of hard to figure. We are supposed to beat UGA and LSU, but lose to UT?

tenor.gif

That Kentucky game could be a difficult one too. They have a veteran team (78% starters returning) and are very good on both lines. If Florida comes out sloppy due to loss of Spring Training and not enough chemistry with the new ball handlers, they could lose this one at home.

Reactions: 08Vol and ArdentVol

VN Store

Back