Peyton Manning Vol archival footage.

I love at around the 8 minute mark, after throwing what I think is his first TD, a 70 something yard catch and run, he calmly walks off the field not much differently then he did as a seasoned NFL veteran

Keep in mind when he got here, he wasn’t a superstar. He was on down the depth chart. Jerry colquit was the heir to the thrown when Shuler left. Jerry blowing his knee in the first series of plays against UCLA helped but he still had to prove himself against Brandon Stewart and Todd Helton. It wasn’t till later in the season he was given the keys to the car.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Keep in mind when he got here, he wasn’t a superstar. He was on down the depth chart. Jerry colquit was the heir to the thrown when Shuler left. Jerry blowing his knee in the first series of plays against UCLA helped but he still had to prove himself against Brandon Stewart and Todd Helton. It wasn’t till later in the season he was given the keys to the car.

I recently rewatched the 1994 Vandy game the Vols won 65-0 and Stewart outplayed Manning in that game in my opinion and broke it open. Fulmer rotated qb's frequently in that game. Peyton had a great bowl game against Va Tech but I've long thought that Stewart saw the writing on the wall in the film and qb room and at practice

At the time, I liked Stewart better. He was more exciting to watch but obviously Peyton proved himself. Stewart transferred to Texas a&m and never really heard from again.

At the time, I liked Stewart better. He was more exciting to watch but obviously Peyton proved himself. Stewart transferred to Texas a&m and never really heard from again.

Until he played like a champ against Kansas St. in the Big XII CG which made life a little easier for UT fans with the final BCS poll.

Reactions: onevol74
Oh yes we did. He upset Kansas State in the 1997 Big 12 Championship game that guaranteed UT a spot in The BCS Championship game.

Hahaha I forgot about that. It's been a long time. K-state had some good football teams back then.

Seems like BS's dad was being kind of a pr*** while suggesting that Archie was getting Peyton special treatment by the UT coaching staff. But Brandon redeemed the Stewart family for me by winning that 1998 B12 championship game.

VN Store

Back