Upon further review

PowerT83

Somewhat sober
I'm watching UT vs LSU 2001 SEC title

2nd viewing, much more sober and not stunting them whores like in 2001.

I lot of blame goes to lack of adjustment

3rd and Chavis

The players drop 3 easy Ints in the first half. Any one of those go our way, adjusting to Mauck might not have been a thing. It would have changed everything.

Just some random musings here as the world burns.

Go Vols
Bama Sucks

@ that game

felt like we had it in the bag after 1st half. LSU down starting QB and RB.

2nd half meltdown and no adjustment to running QB

embarrassing

Reactions: Remy
@ that game

felt like we had it in the bag after 1st half. LSU down starting QB and RB.

2nd half meltdown and no adjustment to running QB

embarrassing

I stayed wasted far too long after this trying to erase it from my head. Its the most heartbreaking game for many of us.

Miami would of beat us like Maryland or Clemson did under Clausen is what I tell myself

I walked out of there after the game and told the guys I was with....We just saw the last of UT football as we've know it for the foreseeable future. I said it because I was pi$$ed as all heck...But damn it turned out to be true.

Have not seen the game/replay since and won't.

One interception away from possibly another natty...but he dropped it
Dropped 3 easy pics. 2007 sec title Brent Vinson dropped two that would have been huge
LSU 06 Early Doucet debacle

We owe them a heartbreak or two

Reactions: PA Vol
Dropped 3 easy pics. 2007 sec title Brent Vinson dropped two that would have been huge
LSU 06 Early Doucet debacle

We owe them a heartbreak or two
That one in the second half...I think it was JJ Mclesky? It was a pick 6 game ender..if he held on to it...of course some of us superstitious ones say the cheap hit on the LSU QB started our curse..

I recall an instance from that game where we had it first and goal at the 5 and threw it 4 straight times with the Doak Walker award winner playing running back for us. But I was young and have not seen the game since.

Reactions: Remy
I still have bad memories of that game worst UT loss I think in the last 30 years and there was so much at stake. We were the most talented team and should’ve won but we made zero adjustments in the second half and Chavis couldn’t stop a simple up the middle QB sneak. We accelerated Saban’s rise to power that day too.

Last edited:
I was living in Louisiana at the time. My wife (Louisiana native) and I went to the game with one of our vendors. My thought process going in was "Hell yeah, free game to watch my Vols win the SEC." My thoughts afterward were ".....". I literally had no thoughts. All I know is that there were almost as many UT fans in bayou country as there were LSU fans at the time because bandwagoners are going to bandwagon. These days none of those people will admit to having once been Vol fans.

Anyway, if we hadn't blown that 2nd half as bad as we did - I don't think Nick Saban would be the Nick Saban he is today. That SEC championship for LSU woke up a sleeping giant that has an incredible natural recruiting and fan base.

Me and my dad were sitting right next to the LSU section at that game they were unbearable and crazy that day. I think that was the last time we were in serious contention for the National title in the last month of the season.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Fulmer really should’ve won at least four sec titles and should’ve beat LSU in the 2001 and 2007 SEC title games

Spurrier was a better coach and had his number.

When you cant beat someone 4 years straight and Peyton Manning is your QB and the other coach is playing musical chairs with his QB you know there is a problem.

Beyond that we werent being Nebraska.....ever.....

He had more of possession than Jabar Gaffney but I'm not sure two fingers on top of the ball constitutes possession.

View attachment 297145
The gaffney “no catch” is still one of the most upsetting calls ever. There’s no way, after rewatching it 100 times, that any honest person could call that a catch.

VN Store

Back