Ja'Wuan James opts out of 2020 NFL

Of course it would be a player from Tennessee, Denver or Dallas.

Should have been someone from a NY or CA team instead!

Signed a big contract LY with Dallas. Got the signing bonus and can afford it.

Dunno if telling everyone to "make sure they stay positive during these times" was the best choice of words, lol

I've got no kids so I guess I dunno what it's like, but I trust he didn't make the decision lightly.

Yeah. Same. Not worth the risk. Getting a glorified flu (I’ve had it) sure is scary. Lol 🙄

I just buried my grandfather on Saturday. He was the fifth resident in his facility to die from Covid in the past 20 days. The sixth died yesterday. Six deaths because one young and otherwise healthy staff member brought it with her without even realizing she was sick. The facility has been on lockdown since mid-March and it still got in.

But you're fine, so no one else should be concerned.

Yeah. Same. Not worth the risk. Getting a glorified flu (I’ve had it) sure is scary. Lol 🙄
You've had it?

Did you know plasma donation centers are giving $100 per donation to people that donate their plasma who have recovered from Covid-19?
You can donate up to 9 times a month.
Easy money baby....

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I just buried my grandfather on Saturday. He was the fifth resident in his facility to die from Covid in the past 20 days. The sixth died yesterday. Six deaths because one young and otherwise healthy staff member brought it with her without even realizing she was sick. The facility has been on lockdown since mid-March and it still got in.

Sorry to hear that man.

But thank you for sharing that.

I've known two people to die from this myself and some people just don't understand what's happening. Until it hits close to them.

@bamawriter my prayers are with you. I'm truly sorry for your loss and your screen name(bc I don't know your real name) will be in my prayers.

Last edited:

wifes great aunt died in three days after testing pos

One thing that is tiresome is hearing people say "well ____ died of it, but he/she was old"

Well, old or not they were alive before they had it. Some people act like if you're over 65 you're expendable. Just because someone is "elderly" doesn't mean they can't be robbed of another 5-15 more years

You've had it?

Did you know plasma donation centers are giving $100 per donation to people that donate their plasma who have recovered from Covid-19?
You can donate up to 9 times a month.
Easy money baby....

I have had COVID and have donated convalescent plasma twice. They will only allow convalescent plasma donations every 30 days, and I never got paid and would probably refuse any payment for it anyway. The cool thing is that about 2 weeks after donating, I would receive a call from the Arkansas Blood Institute informing me of exactly how many ICU patients my plasma helped to get off respirators - 3 each time. Anybody who can help should, it makes a difference.

One thing that is tiresome is hearing people say "well ____ died of it, but he/she was old"

Well, old or not they were alive before they had it. Some people act like if you're over 65 you're expendable. Just because someone is "elderly" doesn't mean they can't be robbed of another 5-15 more years

This.

I relayed my grandfather's story to communicate exactly this point. The decisions we each make in responding to this virus affect countless others.

As a general statement. I can assure you that my wife and her families bereavement is real. Anyone who blanketly states that anyone's loss is less important than anothers is extremely self centered, and selfish individual.

That is of the Devil. I mourn every loss, for everyone. The moment we lose our humanity and abilities to empathize, weve lost the War.

If we treat older citizens with more respect and dignity we will all benefit eventually, so I agree

But we’ve been told by so many on here that COVID is no big deal for young peeps like James. So why is his baby at risk? James needs to check in with all the doctors here on VN that clearly have a mastery level understanding of viral biology and community spread

Well that’s the story we’ve been told for weeks so why not play?

Hell why not send everyone to school, work, and the bar too.

Many people form there own opinions and don’t live by the fear like you seem to.

Guess I’m a terrible person as I’ve gotten older because I feel differently about a 85 year old passing vs a 25 year old. One is a reflection on a good life and the other a tragedy of passing before their life was lived out. Flame away I guess.

VN Store

Back