If season.. So opening up with Florida.. Win?

The swamp always has been a gnat haven. You have to look really close, but they are flying.around.

The PAC 12 are going to kill the season. 400 players refusing to play unless all their Woke demands are met, and they are going to get other conferences involved with their "crusade". College sports may not survive the millenial generation.

The PAC 12 are going to kill the season. 400 players refusing to play unless all their Woke demands are met, and they are going to get other conferences involved with their "crusade". College sports may not survive the millenial generation.

Athletes come and go. I'll cheer for whoever wears the orange.

Dude, that's the PAC 12. Liberal schools. I dont see kids playing in the SEC doing that. If I were a walk on in the PAC 12, I would be happy as hell right now. lol

FYI, college age students are Generation Z, not millennial's.

Send them home, Next man up! Cut that Stipend and loose that Charger, see how fast they change their mind.

400 players----- this means a little less football skill on the field, but..... Revoke 400 scholarships, remove 400 crusaders from the teams, bring in 400 who what to play football. Not keep 400 with another agenda.. Let'um run for public office not touchdowns.

No maybe kill the PAC 12. Who really cares except the tree huggers on the west side of the country. I say good for them, now how do we disassociate the real world rest of the US from them??

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
The PAC12 won't do it. But if they try it in the SEC their scholarships should be revoked for refusing to meet the terms. There are LOTS of kids who would LOVE to play football at this level AND get a free education to boot.

The ignorance going on under the banner of "justice" is incredible.

Good thing about that is with those 400 there are just as many who want to play that normally don’t. It’s time the universities buck up and pull scholarships if players don’t play. That’s not insensitive that’s how it should be if college athletes don’t play the sport.

JG is our best chance to win.

So if the line blocks we can beat them with good defensive play and no turnovers we be aight.

If the line is not blocking don't let Bailey take the beatings that JG had to take in the last 3 years.

JG has never thrown a TD against Florida... or Alabama for that matter... in his entire career.

JG is our best chance to win.

So if the line blocks we can beat them with good defensive play and no turnovers we be aight.

If the line is not blocking don't let Bailey take the beatings that JG had to take in the last 3 years.
I'm not one who has pumped HB. In fact, I have recently said that I like Salter's potential a little better based on what very little we know.

However, what I do STRONGLY suspect is that HB is a much quicker decision maker than JG. JG didn't "take a beating" last year. He took the longest of ANY SEC starter to deliver the ball... UT was mid pack in pass protection stats.

Blaming the OL has always been the "go to" for folks who do not want to see JG's very significant weaknesses.

UT isn't going to beat the best teams on the schedule without a difference maker at QB (positive difference maker). JG hasn't been that over his career. He doesn't anticipate throws well. He doesn't read post-snap coverages quickly enough to take advantage of openings. This shows up in his red zone passing stats and UT's red zone performance with him at QB.

JG was outside the top 100 nationally in passer rating in the RZ and 13th in the SEC. That's simply not good enough for a RS Jr with weapons like Callaway and Jennings.

cfbstats.com - 2019 National Player Leaders

cfbstats.com - 2019 Southeastern Conference Player Leaders

Last edited:
I'm not one who has pumped HB. In fact, I have recently said that I like Salter's potential a little better based on what very little we know.

However, what I do STRONGLY suspect is that HB is a much quicker decision maker than JG. JG didn't "take a beating" last year. He took the longest of ANY SEC starter to deliver the ball... UT was mid pack in pass protection stats.

Blaming the OL has always been the "go to" for folks who do not want to see JG's very significant weaknesses.

UT isn't going to beat the best teams on the schedule without a difference maker at QB (positive difference maker). JG hasn't been that over his career. He doesn't anticipate throws well. He doesn't make post-snap coverages quickly enough to take advantage of openings. This shows up in his red zone passing stats and UT's red zone performance with him at QB.

JG was outside the top 100 nationally in passer rating in the RZ and 13th in the SEC. That's simply not good enough for a RS Jr with weapons like Callaway and Jennings.

cfbstats.com - 2019 National Player Leaders

cfbstats.com - 2019 Southeastern Conference Player Leaders

It really is hard to sit here and rack your brain and think of TD’s that JG has thrown from 20 yards in. He did it against BYU when Jennings basically went up and out-muscled the defender. Have there been any others? It seems so many of his passing TD’s are jump balls from deep.

He’s made some really nice NFL-level TD passes in his time here, but red zone.... yikes.

Reactions: vols72

VN Store

Back