'21 AL LB Lamondre Brooks

This dude is a take...all day. Even if Mondon picks us. Dude is a BALLER. Make the numbers work, Coach.

What’s the story with this guy? Huge, fast and seems to have a natural propensity to find the ball. Also doesn’t leave edge assignments... strings out an option, covers the backside on a reverse and doesn’t over pursue.

Is he a guy that just started playing football? No ranking at that size in a big boy Bama division with flashy tape yells diamond in the rough.

What’s the story with this guy? Huge, fast and seems to have a natural propensity to find the ball. Also doesn’t leave edge assignments... strings out an option, covers the backside on a reverse and doesn’t over pursue.

Is he a guy that just started playing football? No ranking at that size in a big boy Bama division with flashy tape yells diamond in the rough.

Just a guess - guy that doesn't have a ton of production last year starts to blow up in Summer workouts. Our staff has a ton of connections in AL and gets the scoop on his potential. That's the optimistic story.

Reactions: berryvol
Anyone willing to blueshirt isn’t worth the take.
Firstly, strength in depth and numbers.
Secondly, good thing they don’t consult you for personnel & the such.
Thirdly, I’m just goofing with you. Don’t be all mad 😁

Firstly, strength in depth and numbers.
Secondly, good thing they don’t consult you for personnel & the such.
Thirdly, I’m just goofing with you. Don’t be all mad 😁
How did I come across as mad?

Offer list says the complete opposite

***We offer a little known, lightly recruited kid

Posters on this board: this dude sucks lol

***Some other big program(s) offer(s) much later than we do

Posters on this board: I really hope we can hang onto him

Rinse. Repeat.

Pruitt is the HC now, not Butch. Pretty sure the man knows what a football player looks like

***We offer a little known, lightly recruited kid

Posters on this board: this dude sucks lol

***Some other big program(s) offer(s) much later than we do

Posters on this board: I really hope we can hang onto him

Rinse. Repeat.

Pruitt is the HC now, not Butch. Pretty sure the man knows what a football player looks like

We shall see if offers start to roll in. But this narrative that we are one of the only ones to find this diamond in the rough is sketchy.

We shall see if offers start to roll in. But this narrative that we are one of the only ones to find this diamond in the rough is sketchy.

Never said we were the only program to do this.

Also a weird year with football so who knows if this kid even gets noticed. Likely no camps and I don’t know if HS football is happening bc I can’t keep up.

Pruitt has been a part of Nat’l Championship programs. He knows what is needed.

And we have 24 commits. You really think he’s gonna waste one of those last few precious spots (not sure how many we’re actually taking) on a kid he’s not absolutely sure can play at this level? Maybe the kid has the talent or the raw ability but isn’t as polished as some of the guys higher on the board and he’s an insurance policy.

Lots of scenarios. Exactly zero of them having you know what SEC caliber football players look like more than Pruitt.

Edit: And with the connections Pruitt has to HS football in the state of Alabama, it shouldn’t be hard to fathom that he’ll be in on some kids there early.

Last edited:
Just a guess - guy that doesn't have a ton of production last year starts to blow up in Summer workouts. Our staff has a ton of connections in AL and gets the scoop on his potential. That's the optimistic story.

There's been no camps until recently. Last month or so.

Last year he had
84 tkls
22 TFLs
8 sacks
Production was very good.

I think Pruitt is just a better scout than most.

We have better evaluators than most. Thought you didn’t really follow recruiting?

I haven’t been recently. I believe we do have good evaluators. But even you have to admit the offer list is weak. There is always the possibility that Saban, Smart, Malzahan, Fisher, Day and the other elite programs haven’t noticed this guy. And if we take this guy hopefully it works out.

I haven’t been recently. I believe we do have good evaluators. But even you have to admit the offer list is weak. There is always the possibility that Saban, Smart, Malzahan, Fisher, Day and the other elite programs haven’t noticed this guy. And if we take this guy hopefully it works out.
I second guessed Pruitt over Kenneth George...in a class he was forced to kick a lot of tires. Haven’t since.

ALABAMA EDGE WILL ADD BIG OFFERS
I saw his film for the first time a few weeks ago, and immediately requested a mid three-star ranking. I have been trying to put eyes on him the last two weeks, and it just didn’t work out — until Friday.
Lamondre Brooks is a defensive end/hybrid at Huffman High in Birmingham and he is all of 6-feet 2-inches tall, 258 pounds and he can run.

At the time I saw him, he had offers from Illinois, South Alabama, Tennessee and UAB. He should have quadruple those offers — at least.
Huffman struggled last season, then there was no camps or evaluation period this spring, and Brooks has completely flown under the radar. That is going to change.
-Chad Simmons

Once again, Pruitt offers before everyone else

VN Store

Back