Maryland’s o-line coach on Kasim Hill

I would like to see our QBs pushed by Hills's talent and drive. He is a very different athlete than the other four contenders.

I have had ACL surgery. I cannot compare myself to Kasim Hill, but I was immediately slower and still hurts. I hope he is healthy and finds his spot on the team. I hope the sky is the limit for him.

I would like to see our QBs pushed by Hills's talent and drive. He is a very different athlete than the other four contenders.

I have had ACL surgery. I cannot compare myself to Kasim Hill, but I was immediately slower and still hurts. I hope he is healthy and finds his spot on the team. I hope the sky is the limit for him.

When did you get your surgery? Reason being is because surgery nowadays is leaps and bounds better. Not saying Hill will be the same because I think there are a lot of factors in play. Just wanted to point out that the ACL surgery seems to be not as much of a career ender as before.

1997. I would hope the surgery protocol and procedures have improved. It seemed a bit primitive when I had it. I have been a walk don't run guy ever since.
When did you get your surgery? Reason being is because surgery nowadays is leaps and bounds better. Not saying Hill will be the same because I think there are a lot of factors in play. Just wanted to point out that the ACL surgery seems to be not as much of a career ender as before.

Reactions: dcm3w
I’ve been rooting for this kid to make an impact since he arrived on campus. He’s the guy no one is talking about because we’re always arguing about JG or hoping Bailey is the future.
We might just see him as No 1, toss-up before season ends as to JG or Harrison as no 2..

1997. I would hope the surgery protocol and procedures have improved. It seemed a bit primitive when I had it. I have been a walk don't run guy ever since.

The technology has improved, but orthopedic surgery is still brutal.

Reactions: 08Vol
Yeah not even in the same ballpark. I tore up my knee a few years ago and couldn’t even finish rehab due the way ObamaCare worked, and my knee is still very strong and does not limit me.

Nah, I think Maurer and Shrout are both ahead of Hill. JMHO
How? Just from stats alone Hill is better. From winning big games Hill is better. For more experience Hill is better. The only thing the other two have over Hill is SEC experience... And that's not enough for me to say they are better than Hill

Reactions: 08Vol
The technology has improved, but orthopedic surgery is still brutal.
I had my right foot fixed about 5 yrs ago and I was able to walk instantly. I went from constant pain to no pain ever. And that change was instant from the moment I woke up. I have 3 screws and a plate and it only hurts when it is stepped on or I drop something on it.

Nah, I think Maurer and Shrout are both ahead of Hill. JMHO
Maybe. I was less impressed with Maurer than some others. His instincts running were good. His read on coverage and blitzes was poor. I am ready to see what a year of development have done for both Maurer and Hill. Shrout is an emergency option in my mind.

Guys, we could have the cloned 18 year old genetically created love child of Joe Montana and Tom Brady come on campus, and still NOTHING is going to pry #2 loose from that starting spot. Pruitt has made VERY smart moves in a lot of areas, but his devotion to #2 befuddles me.

I remember Maryland beating Texas a few years ago with him as QB. I recently saw a pic of him and he was built like an SEC linebacker. He's often slept on in the never ending discussion of how to fix our QB problem immediately. I hope they all have an equal opportunity to compete for the job.

I remember Maryland beating Texas a few years ago with him as QB. I recently saw a pic of him and he was built like an SEC linebacker. He's often slept on in the never ending discussion of how to fix our QB problem immediately. I hope they all have an equal opportunity to compete for the job.
He is a darkhorse for the job. I am definitely interested in how he helps shape the competition. He worked hard last year and was trouble for the defense in practice when playing the role of some opposing QBs.

Reactions: keenobserver
Maybe. I was less impressed with Maurer than some others. His instincts running were good. His read on coverage and blitzes was poor. I am ready to see what a year of development have done for both Maurer and Hill. Shrout is an emergency option in my mind.
I gotta somewhat disagree here. He only had 75 pass attempts and several of those were against a blitz. Especially on 3rd downs. Coverage, I think I have to agree. He needs improvement in that area.

I'm for fielding the QB that gives us the best chance to win, regardless of the name.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I have 5 years of eligibility left. I can just hear the announcers now, "Wow, the 60-year-old phenom throws another touchdown pass. Unbelievable."

Maurer was exciting but I expect Hill to be even more athletic and it's hard to imagine a quarterback being any more reckless than Maurer was last year

Guys, we could have the cloned 18 year old genetically created love child of Joe Montana and Tom Brady come on campus, and still NOTHING is going to pry #2 loose from that starting spot. Pruitt has made VERY smart moves in a lot of areas, but his devotion to #2 befuddles me.
Pruitt’s all about winning. If there was unreasonable “devotion” to JG, he doesn’t go with Maurer after UGA until that body couldn’t hold up. He’ll put the best ready player on the field.

If he gives us the best chance to win then he has my full support. With what we have been through at the QB position over the past few seasons I’d be open to anyone who can ball.

Pruitt’s all about winning. If there was unreasonable “devotion” to JG, he doesn’t go with Maurer after UGA until that body couldn’t hold up. He’ll put the best ready player on the field.
Gotta disagree. Maurer was not ready but Pruitt was forced to make a change after UF. And the moment he made that change, from that point forward, he assured everyone that JG would play and help win games. Once coaches make a decision like that to go with someone else they don’t normally stress such a confidence in the guy they just replaced without some kind of “devotion”. Most of us have been watching, apart of or around this game all our lives and I bet we can all count on less than 3 fingers how many times we’ve seen that kind of confidence in someone that was benched due to performance.

Yea, there’s no guarantee. My daughter tore hers and was never the same...before the ACL injury she led her team (club soccer) in assists and goals and they finished second in the state. Afterwards she couldn’t play without swelling and she was never as fast. Ended up playing keeper...

Reactions: SpookyAction
Gotta disagree. Maurer was not ready but Pruitt was forced to make a change after UF. And the moment he made that change, from that point forward, he assured everyone that JG would play and help win games. Once coaches make a decision like that to go with someone else they don’t normally stress such a confidence in the guy they just replaced without some kind of “devotion”. Most of us have been watching, apart of or around this game all our lives and I bet we can all count on less than 3 fingers how many times we’ve seen that kind of confidence in someone that was benched due to performance.
I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with. He went with your boy. If he was hopelessly devoted? He wouldn’t. I know he didn’t stick with your boy after he broke down like a stick but that doesn’t warrant your salt. Quit saying “us”. You’re here for Maurer and nothing else. So anything you put out is taken with said grain of salt.

I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with. He went with your boy. If he was hopelessly devoted? He wouldn’t. I know he didn’t stick with your boy after he broke down like a stick but that doesn’t warrant your salt. Quit saying “us”. You’re here for Maurer and nothing else. So anything you put out is taken with said grain of salt.
Should’ve known you wouldn’t have a civilized conversation. Duces ✌️

VN Store

Back