Basilio says Vols will get LSU & TAMU.

If true, that’s absurd. UT already has Bama as its permanent West team plus UF and UGA. Adding what are likely the second and third best team from the West isn’t competitively balanced. Watch UGA add Arkansas and Ole Miss.

If anyone wants to see how favorable schedules provide an easier path to success, checkout Ohio State’s schedule this year. Vols might go undefeated with that schedule or drop a game or maybe two max.

OK... So based on a "strength of schedule" model, he has us playing LSU and A&M?? Makes total sense. Maybe ONE of LSU OR A&M, but not both. If that happens, Fulmer has been completely and utterly walked over and pissed on by the SEC.

Well, given the level of B%$#&ing that Bammer, uga, and Florida have done this week at the prospect of having tough games on their schedule, I'm just glad we can take one for the team to help those folks out - especially uga, who, as usual, has whinned the most!

SEC!! SEC!!

So if we get beat by all these teams, does that mean their strength of schedule becomes reasonable? Has our role been defined? Asking for a friend.

So if we get beat by all these teams, does that mean their strength of schedule becomes reasonable? Has our role been defined? Asking for a friend.

Show me a single team in NCAA that could go undefeated after playing a stretch that includes Bama, LSU, FL, GA, TAMU and I will show you a national championship team that may be the best team of all time.

That's an insane schedule.

I'm laughing sitting here thinking its Tennessee's luck that they will start the season 5-0 beating all these teams and then when its time to play the crap part of the schedule the rest of the season will get cancelled due to the pandemic. LOL that would be some Tennessee luck and people would lose their sh!t. LOL

Show me a single team in NCAA that could go undefeated after playing a stretch that includes Bama, LSU, FL, GA, TAMU and I will show you a national championship team that may be the best team of all time.

That's an insane schedule.

Just last year, LSU went undefeated, along the way they beat:
Texas
Florida
Auburn
Alabama
Tex AM
Georgia
Oklahoma
Clemson

They had a 4-game stretch where they beat Florida, Miss State, Auburn and Alabama, and to close the season they had a 4-game stretch of TexAM, Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson. Brutal. Won em’ all. And this schedule mirrors any SEC team who won the conference and or national title in the last 20 years. If you’re going to play in the SEC, win the conference and make the playoffs, you’re going to have a murderous schedule.

If true, and with Basilio's track record there is plenty of reason to not trust his prediction, than that is indeed an insane schedule. However, I choose to not really care. This season is already pretty much a wash. If we make it through the entire 10-game schedule without the season being cancelled, I'll consider it a success. So, to be honest, playing the best of the best this year might at least make this season fun and worth watching. I'm not going to stress about SEC titles or National Championships in a year like this. I just want to watch football and see if our guys have improved.

If true, and with Basilio's track record there is plenty of reason to not trust his prediction, than that is indeed an insane schedule. However, I choose to not really care. This season is already pretty much a wash. If we make it through the entire 10-game schedule without the season being cancelled, I'll consider it a success. So, to be honest, playing the best of the best this year might at least make this season fun and worth watching. I'm not going to stress about SEC titles or National Championships in a year like this. I just want to watch football and see if our guys have improved.

Agree 100%.

I'm also going to get mad at scheduling because it feels good TBH.

Just last year, LSU went undefeated, along the way they beat:
Texas
Florida
Auburn
Alabama
Tex AM
Georgia
Oklahoma
Clemson

They had a 4-game stretch where they beat Florida, Miss State, Auburn and Alabama, and to close the season they had a 4-game stretch of TexAM, Georgia, Oklahoma and Clemson. Brutal. Won em’ all. And this schedule mirrors any SEC team who won the conference and or national title in the last 20 years. If you’re going to play in the SEC, win the conference and make the playoffs, you’re going to have a murderous schedule.
Playoffs? Who said anything about playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?!?

Reactions: Bret178 and Jaws
Guess I’m in the minority. I like it
images

VN Store

Back