8 lady vols players on Academic Honors

good for them, but I'm pretty sure that the rigorousness of grading was greatly reduced due to the way the 2020 spring semester ended

Now if or when it's back to playing basketball, lets hope your "game" can reach such a lofty level.

Now if or when it's back to playing basketball, lets hope your "game" can reach such a lofty level.

True but after having dismissals, fights, etc it feels good to get some of the nonsense out the way and be able to celebrate something positive.

good for them, but I'm pretty sure that the rigorousness of grading was greatly reduced due to the way the 2020 spring semester ended

i’m a teacher and even with grading guidelines loosened i know students that still failed...

However the truly impressive thing is that of those in the picture two completed Masters Degrees (Kam got her undergrad and masters in 4 years) and two of them graduated with their undergrad degrees in 3 years. which indicates not only their work ethic at the college level but how high school as well as they came in with college credits. [/QUOTE]

It works the other way too. Students were also thrust into a more challenging learning environment.

But, I understand, any positive news must be met with a disparaging qualifier because.... ..

True but after having dismissals, fights, etc it feels good to get some of the nonsense out the way and be able to celebrate something positive.

Dismissals, fights??? have not seen or heard of these. Would like to know where to see info. If this has been on "the site" someway I have missed threads.

Two of the three were past history. (took place a the end of the "dark ages") For me, I try to not look back that far.

EXACTLY! but do you see the point ? people don’t want to look back at the “dark ages” and it was “in the past” but when our current LVs do things in a positive manner someone wants to find a way to downplay it (not saying that was you).

So let’s revisit history every so often so we aren’t doomed to repeat it 😁

So again CONGRATS ladies and thank for you giving us good news rather than the alternative !

EXACTLY! but do you see the point ? people don’t want to look back at the “dark ages” and it was “in the past” but when our current LVs do things in a positive manner someone wants to find a way to downplay it (not saying that was you).

So let’s revisit history every so often so we aren’t doomed to repeat it 😁

So again CONGRATS ladies and thank for you giving us good news rather than the alternative !
Like Satch said "don't look back, they be gainin on you!"
OR
If you don't know where you've been, how do you know where you are going? (don't know who said it, but I have always tried to live by it)

Reactions: Benionsopinion
Like Satch said "don't look back, they be gainin on you!"
OR
If you don't know where you've been, how do you know where you are going? (don't know who said it, but I have always tried to live by it)

Green isn't past experience you should forget so soon, happened under Kellie's watch, year 1. Stop pretending things are past. 1 year, 1 arrested, 1 starter transferred, 2 starters from this year's team- gone to play for teams that beat us. New coach, ok on Messengale, but Green is a problem new staff should have done homework on, known who, and what she was getting into. I don't doubt she failed a pot test before being arrest for it.

Reactions: savannahfan
Green isn't past experience you should forget so soon, happened under Kellie's watch, year 1. Stop pretending things are past. 1 year, 1 arrested, 1 starter transferred, 2 starters from this year's team- gone to play for teams that beat us. New coach, ok on Messengale, but Green is a problem new staff should have done homework on, known who, and what she was getting into. I don't doubt she failed a pot test before being arrest for it.

I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting here in reference to Zaay Green. You are aware that she was a member of the team when Kellie was hired, are you not? Unless a student-athlete has already failed a required drug test, it is probable that each student-athlete will only be tested once in a calendar year, according to the documentation I have been able to find. Under those circumstances, there is no reason to suggest the current staff failed in their obligations in any way.

Jim

Uhm hmm🤔

You must not have read my second remark...
I did not know of all these problems, but as I said in that second remark, I think you for pointing out the past..
As to Kellie and company weeding out the problems, looks like they are getting their point across. As for Green, maybe they wanted to see if they could "straighten her out", didn't work. At the time they may have been hoping as she was the best/only option they had on such short notice.

VN Store

Back