IU-UT

Watching the last 6:42 of the bowl game on ESPN.
What an ending

I was at the game and a lot of our fans left around the 7:00 mark. I was baffled, because even though it had been a massively frustrating game to that point, it's the freaking Vols. If I've learned anything over the last few years, the Vols never quit until the majority of the fan base is worried about having a heart attack. It was all well worth it for the last five minutes or so.

When I start to have confidence about 2020 I remember that bowl game and how it took late scores and an onside kick to beat Indiana.
I think we have all read enough of your posts to see that having "confidence" about Tennessee football isn't what you really do. You prefer to be negative. That's fine, but I would stick with the first two games, instead of a win over an 8 win team from the Big Ten. Indiana wasn't terrible. They gave Penn State a good game on the road.

I think we have all read enough of your posts to see that having "confidence" about Tennessee football isn't what you really do. You prefer to be negative. That's fine, but I would stick with the first two games, instead of a win over an 8 win team from the Big Ten. Indiana wasn't terrible. They gave Penn State a good game on the road.

“Indiana wasn’t terrible” reinforces my original point. We struggled to beat a mediocre Big Ten team.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
“Indiana wasn’t terrible” reinforces my original point. We struggled to beat a mediocre Big Ten team.
And??? We were a mediocre SEC team. Nobody is saying that Tennessee football needs to invest in another trophy case any time soon. That was a quality win for where we are at the moment.

IF Tenn had Indiana QB, bowl game over at halftime. Talk to a Indiana fan at game & he told me that Indiana QB & TE carried the team all year long. First qtr Vols should have score 10 - 17 pts !!!!!!!!!! but no pts !!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
IF Tenn had Indiana QB, bowl game over at halftime. Talk to a Indiana fan at game & he told me that Indiana QB & TE carried the team all year long. First qtr Vols should have score 10 - 17 pts !!!!!!!!!! but no pts !!
JG was bad for 3 1/2 quarters. But.... at the biggest moment of the game, on 4th down and just outside FG range, the IU QB threw an absolute dirt ball on a 10 yard out.

JG was bad for 3 1/2 quarters. But.... at the biggest moment of the game, on 4th down and just outside FG range, the IU QB threw an absolute dirt ball on a 10 yard out.

Defense did it's job I don't think there is a gripe with them. EDIT: except for what's his face timing the snap wrong and getting off sides.

Watching that game last night, I had forgotten the snap infraction at the end of the game. We ran to the line Trying to draw them offsides and the Center grabbed the ball and couldn’t stop his momentum and carried the ball forward about 2 feet lol.

A decent QB and we would have beat them 40 something to 16

Agreed. The problem is we’re in year 3 of Pruitt and we still have no confidence in our QB. Typically by this point you can at least develop a walk-on to perform better than a guy like JG (no offense to him God bless his heart).

Defense did it's job I don't think there is a gripe with them. EDIT: except for what's his face timing the snap wrong and getting off sides.
Defense played its guts out. Fact remains though... they were a completion away from a kick to win it. What I was trying to say is that as bad as JG was, if I need a QB to rip a throw on an out route on the sideline, I’d probably have taken JG right there instead of the IU guy who was having a good day.

Defense played its guts out. Fact remains though... they were a completion away from a kick to win it. What I was trying to say is that as bad as JG was, if I need a QB to rip a throw on an out route on the sideline, I’d probably have taken JG right there instead of the IU guy who was having a good day.
Fact remains that JG threw a pick 6 that should have never been. but tit for tat I guess, Either way, the last few minutes of the game was really fun to watch.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back