Pac-10 Cancels Basketball thru the rest of 2020

stllvf

StlLVF Saw first game in 1976
We obviously are no longer surprised re jobs, sports or politics in these unusual times. Personally, I would expect more cancellations re basketball, especially as football has become a spring sport in two of the five major conferences.

Reactions: Voltopia
Football won't be played in the Spring. That's just being floated to keep the angry wolves... I mean fans... at bay.
Agreed. College football in the spring is such a bad idea. The teams who play in the spring will be putting themselves at a competitive disadvantage for the 2021 season, with such a short turnaround. And what about the draft eligible players? What do they do? Forego the combine and pro days to play the season, while other players are getting ready for the draft? That just won't happen.

If we play in the SEC at all it will be a total conference schedule more than likely. Watching to see if football goes through if they cancel then all sports this year in the SEC will be cancelled.

So, is it likely college basketball will be played starting January with conference only?

You have to feel for those teams in the American Athletic Conference without cupcakes to pad their records. Gonna be a real dogfight to come out on top.

we are living in a time where "past experience" is not overly helpful. obviously universities have many decisions re students and athletics is only one, although for some a major source of revenue.

And while I am cautioned about including Politics/politics on this board - in this new-normal "political bias" is involved. examples- ex football coach running for Senate in Alabama, WNBA and Senator in Georgia, ESPN including political/sports commentary. And I remember comments, pro and con when Obama completed his mad madness ballot.

Reactions: GulfcoastVFL

VN Store

Back