PAC 12 Whacking Basketball Too

musolfmj

Several reports say basketball among all their sports that will be shut down through 2020. Damn, here we go.

I'm thinking SEC might end up cancelling OOC games and starting in January too.

Pac 12 basketball has been whacked ever since Cheatin' John Wooden retired and Arizona got busted for paying players....

Reactions: Volfan1000
I'm thinking SEC might end up cancelling OOC games and starting in January too.
SEC approaching this the right way. May very well not be playing football (likely), but no sense in cancelling until all options are vetted. Same thing for bball. It's been proven it's a little different w/ how NBA is handling things. I mean, since many classes are remote (or optional remote), they could, in theory, pull off a conference only round robin schedule, in a bubble, like NBA, while completing class load remotely. I think this would happen before they cancelled bball.

SEC approaching this the right way. May very well not be playing football (likely), but no sense in cancelling until all options are vetted. Same thing for bball. It's been proven it's a little different w/ how NBA is handling things. I mean, since many classes are remote (or optional remote), they could, in theory, pull off a conference only round robin schedule, in a bubble, like NBA, while completing class load remotely. I think this would happen before they cancelled bball.

Anything to avoid cancelling the seaaon. Hate to see this talented team never play together

Reactions: Volfan1000
That would be wild, the bubble SEC thing. But, hell yeah, that would be fun. Follow that up with a mini-NCAA Tourney bubble, because u know the ACC is going play basketball, too. Maybe even the Big12 and other conferences, the more I think about it, basketball would be a lot easier to pull off and it's made for TV and TV money

I’m more hopeful about football being played than basketball. Flu season rolls around in the middle of basketball season and even if it’s not covid people will probably be freaking out.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I’m more hopeful about football being played than basketball. Flu season rolls around in the middle of basketball season and even if it’s not covid people will probably be freaking out.
I really hope u are wrong

No one cares about pac 12 sports, not even the west coast outside of parents, but does it affect the SEC? If it doesn’t affect the SEC I don’t care, but it probably does, so I’m bumed

Speaking of hockey, casual fan here but that 5 OT game last night between the Blue Jackets and Lightening was awesome. Granted, I'm no watching from start to finish but I picked it up at the end of the 3rd period and finished it. There are twice as many cameras now without fans so the action back and forth was much more intense, IMO. That's it... back to the "no sports."

No one cares about pac 12 sports, not even the west coast outside of parents, but does it affect the SEC? If it doesn’t affect the SEC I don’t care, but it probably does, so I’m bumed
Years ago, I believe it was 1989, we were staying in LA and there for the Vol-UCLA game in Pasadena. I remember getting an LA area newspaper to read some game day coverage, but there was only two short paragraphs about the game coming up that evening on page 4 in the sports section. Pro sports are king by a long shot there.

This is my thinking as well. I have been very down on the chance of playing football this fall, for a while now. However, a lot can change between now and November. I am guessing that play will start in January, but there is absolutely no reason to cancel November and December right now.

This is my thinking as well. I have been very down on the chance of playing football this fall, for a while now. However, a lot can change between now and November. I am guessing that play will start in January, but there is absolutely no reason to cancel November and December right now.

Agree. It's basically like cancelling the family Thanksgiving dinner three months ahead of time. There's no sense in it until you get closer to time and see where things stand.

VN Store

Back