Big 12?

Nebraska and Iowa should just ask to join the Big 12 for 2020; IF they want to play and IF the Big 12 does in fact follow through. I do NOT understand all the Hysteria over a Virus that has been proven over and over to be curable. NOW, all of you Virology Degree'd Scientists and Front Line Doctors line up and sound off; but be SURE you are a qualified level above Dr Harvey Risch; MD, PHD---YALE Medical School. Others need not apply.

Nebraska and Iowa should just ask to join the Big 12 for 2020; IF they want to play and IF the Big 12 does in fact follow through. I do NOT understand all the Hysteria over a Virus that has been proven over and over to be curable. NOW, all of you Virology Degree'd Scientists and Front Line Doctors line up and sound off; but be SURE you are a qualified level above Dr Harvey Risch; MD, PHD---YALE Medical School. Others need not apply.

Oh, just wait there are many on VN that have much higher credentials than Dr. Risch.

I guess we'll find out later tonight or tomorrow when the Big XII releases their schedule, but I can't see Nebraska fitting unless they go with a 10-game conference schedule and drop OOC games... which, now that you mention it, seems like the best course of action.

I guess we'll find out later tonight or tomorrow when the Big XII releases their schedule, but I can't see Nebraska fitting unless they go with a 10-game conference schedule and drop OOC games... which, now that you mention it, seems like the best course of action.

NEBRASKA would be just going Home.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Nebraska is going back to the Big 12. They aren't going to sacrifice 8 figures worth of revenue every single year because of one year of being unable to play. Within 3 years they'll more than make up the difference.
how do you know its one year ? a vaccine may never be found and things will be cancelled for years to come

They might have to also agree to be the visiting team for each game they would play. I’m not sure Nebraska’s current contract situation (regarding their tiers of TV rights and the Big 10’s ownership, negotiating power, and broadcast on its own conference network) would really allow for any games with Cornhuskers as the home team to be broadcast on television, in a year where their current conference postponed the sport.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
They might have to also agree to be the visiting team for each game they would play. I’m not sure Nebraska’s current contract situation (regarding their tiers of TV rights and the Big 10’s ownership, negotiating power, and broadcast on its own conference network) would really allow for any games with Cornhuskers as the home team to be broadcast on television, in a year where their current conference postponed the sport.

Correct. In a world where fans won't br in the stands, Nebraska also can't bring any TV revenue.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Nebraska is going back to the Big 12. They aren't going to sacrifice 8 figures worth of revenue every single year because of one year of being unable to play. Within 3 years they'll more than make up the difference.
How much money are they losing in 1 year not being able to play

Reactions: 508mikey
But if you eliminate the MD/PHD degrees from Facebook very few folks on Volnation will be able to comment, including you.

VN Store

Back