Corona cumulative virus SEC cities/ counties stats through 8 12 2020. ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS REALLY AT RISK ?

SPRINGHILLVOL

HERE ARE CUMULATIVE DEATHS IN SEC CITIES AS OF 8/12/ 2020 (COUNTY NUMBERS):
ATHENS 19
KNOXVILLE 40
NASHVILLE 221
TUSCALOSA 80
STARKSVILLE 39
BATON ROUGE 360
COLLEGE STATION 47
GAINESVILLE 26
COLUMBIA SC 158
LEXINGTON 48
COLUMBIA MO 3
AUBURN 47
FAYETTEVILLE 53
TOTAL DEATHS ALL SEC COUNTIES 1141 (AVERAGE PER COUNTY SEC 81.5)
MINUS BIG CITIES (BATON ROUGE 360, COLUMBIA SC 158, NASHVILLE 221): 739
(67 PER COUNTY).....

HERE ARE CUMULATIVE DEATHS IN SEC CITIES AS OF 8/12/ 2020 (COUNTY NUMBERS):
ATHENS 19
KNOXVILLE 40
NASHVILLE 221
TUSCALOSA 80
STARKSVILLE 39
BATON ROUGE 360
COLLEGE STATION 47
GAINESVILLE 26
COLUMBIA SC 158
LEXINGTON 48
COLUMBIA MO 3
AUBURN 47
FAYETTEVILLE 53
TOTAL DEATHS ALL SEC COUNTIES 1141 (AVERAGE PER COUNTY SEC 81.5)
MINUS BIG CITIES (BATON ROUGE 360, COLUMBIA SC 158, NASHVILLE 221): 739
(67 PER COUNTY).....
I'd be curious to see what percentage of those are 18 to 23 year olds.

Why is everyone only concerned about death rates and fatality %? Not represented in those numbers are people who become infected and have a rough time with it, worse than the flu, even if it doesn’t warrant going to the hospital. We sometimes act like there should be no cause for alarm because the death rate is so low. Well that’s great, but there are a lot of people who contract this virus and have multiple symptoms and lingering effects but are only counted as a “case”. My wife is one of them - and she’s a otherwise healthy 44 former Razorback Pom squad member.

Why is everyone only concerned about death rates and fatality %? Not represented in those numbers are people who become infected and have a rough time with it, worse than the flu, even if it doesn’t warrant going to the hospital. We sometimes act like there should be no cause for alarm because the death rate is so low. Well that’s great, but there are a lot of people who contract this virus and have multiple symptoms and lingering effects but are only counted as a “case”. My wife is one of them - and she’s a otherwise healthy 44 former Razorback Pom squad member.
I think that's a fair point. I do think that the Chinese Virus is serious. My issue is that our government undereacted early by not closing incoming international travel. And then overreacted by shutting the nation down. They've given us the worst of both worlds

Not to beat a dead horse here but as of 5 minutes ago we have lost 833,922 souls to vehicular fatalities so far this year....... but hey......

They need to only play on TV with no fans in the stands...to stop people from driving to the games.

Seriously, it would be interesting to know how many people die in cars on the way to football games each fall. I’m sure it is a sizable number.

People suffer from many things that we don't shut the country down for.

I think maybe the OP is trying to say there isn't much risk to players. No telling how may of the Nashville deaths were due to Assisted Living facilities. For goodness sakes, we had 22 folks tragically die in the tornado's in March.

I also wonder how many were blamed on covid and were really something else.
What's mind blowing is that hospitals not only get paid for reporting cases that they are treating ( which is reasonable ). But then they get paid again for reporting people who die under their charge from the virus. We've given every incentive for hospitals to over report

What lingering effects?

I'd be curious to see what percentage of those are 18 to 23 year olds.
I'd be curious to know how many of those are 'actual' deaths directly due to the virus. Stories abound about numbers being inflated for various reasons...

We'll probably never know..

Reactions: BleedingOrange18
Lrt me try again, there are many things that are contagious that we don't shut down for. I understand that it is serious but we can't stop living, because there will always be something.

Agree. The shut down has been somewhat of an overreaction. But other precautions such as masks and the social distancing are just common sense

Not to beat a dead horse here but as of 5 minutes ago we have lost 833,922 souls to vehicular fatalities so far this year....... but hey......

Is this stat for the U.S. or worldwide? In the U.S. last year the total was about 39,000. At the rate you are quoting comes out to about 1.5 million a year.

VN Store

Back