UTK Chancellor: No tailgating on campus

UTK Chancellor: No tailgating will be allowed on campus for football games

During a video conference for students and family members, UTK Chancellor said that even if football happens, and she hopes it does, there will not be tailgating.

All three bars remaining on the strip (and Cool Beans) are going to be very practicing very responsible social distancing measures on September 26th.

I'm assuming that this decision does not bode particularly well for having fans, even a diminished capacity of 20%, lining the stands of Neyland.

All three bars remaining on the strip (and Cool Beans) are going to be very practicing very responsible social distancing measures on September 26th.

I'm assuming that this decision does not bode particularly well for having fans, even a diminished capacity of 20%, lining the stands of Neyland.

I would not want to be on the committee or the person responsible for figuring it out, but I'll give it a try. Assuming we have about 60,000 season ticket holders. Could this be doable? Give 1,000 tickets to the visiting team and put 'em in area of the stadium that seats 4,000. Allow 10,000 students limiting them in an area of the stadium that seats 40,000. Allow half of the season ticket holders (30,000) in the remainder of the stadium (roughly 56,000 seats).

So in TN are they not allowing people to golf, or swim or do anything outdoor? No tailgating with a few friends is BullSHhH...

I don't see why, if done properly, you cant tailgate.. I mean bars are open and indoors. This is outdoor with lots of space to distance. This is stupid.
There are people golfing.

I ve played more since covid than I did before.

I would not want to be on the committee or the person responsible for figuring it out, but I'll give it a try. Assuming we have about 60,000 season ticket holders. Could this be doable? Give 1,000 tickets to the visiting team and put 'em in area of the stadium that seats 4,000. Allow 10,000 students limiting them in an area of the stadium that seats 40,000. Allow half of the season ticket holders (30,000) in the remainder of the stadium (roughly 56,000 seats).

Your total allowed attendance number will prove to be too high.

Close but you will have to allow all season ticket holders in to a limited number of games. Like everyone gets 2 or 3 games but no one should get all 5 and no one zero, to make it right. Or else you will have 1/2 the season ticket holders pissed and lose a lot of them the next year!

Reactions: tricitiesvolsfan
Now, see ... y'all coulda invited the chancellor last year, but ya didn't, and now he mad, brah! All he wanted was a ham biscuit and a Keystone or two.

Reactions: lukeneyland
So in TN are they not allowing people to golf, or swim or do anything outdoor? No tailgating with a few friends is BullSHhH...

I don't see why, if done properly, you cant tailgate.. I mean bars are open and indoors. This is outdoor with lots of space to distance. This is stupid.
Honestly odds are you won't be able to afford to get into a game anyway so stay at home and throw a party

Reactions: 08Vol
We will gladly forfeit our 8 season tickets this season provided our donation is credited towards 2021.

VN Store

Back